Stock LS1 swap dyno run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock LS1 swap dyno run

I thought I'd share some dyno runs, stock LS1, Sikky LSx swap kit, 340 whp. Dynojet, values are corrected for STP.

Tuned by ShueTuning in Richmond, VA. Matt Shue does AWESOME work, even into the wee hours of the morning he spent a lot of time making sure idle, steady state, power runs, and gear shifts were all tuned for max safe horsepower. Super nice guy, very smart, great price. Look him up!

Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/8uXJcGl9w5U

http://youtu.be/VK0AOKM2zmE

http://youtu.be/DY1U3QN1sM0

Nice!

Crazy how the LS1 and s62 have nearly identical powerbands.
    85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
    e30 restoration and V8 swap
    24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

what type of engine management are you running?

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
        Nice!

Crazy how the LS1 and s62 have nearly identical powerbands.

I thought stocks m62 was more around 300whp?

edit: noticed you said s62
        Worlds 1st LS powered e30 cabby.
        Cab
        billac: 92 Lagunengrün cabriolet + cadillac LQ9 + Nitrous + rotiform SJC

Raphael: 88 Lagunengrün IX + Hella 500's + Red ACS type 1's

Shaggin Wagon
        : 01 325xiT 5 speed

91 MR2 GT3076TS + E85 = 505whp + antilag = wheelies
        88 CRX OEM+ 42mpg DD.

Comment

Originally posted by bmk View Post
          I thought stocks s62 was more around 300whp?
          Usually 330whp peak. It's very close to this dyno as far as the actual curve... Within 10whp at any point. A tune and some bolt on's and it would be identical.

That's where it ends though. For a price of a set of aftermarket cams for an s62, which wouldn't do much anyway, you could probably get 450hp from the LS haha

Comment

Originally posted by 1990m3 View Post
            what type of engine management are you running?
            Stock ECU tuned by HP Tuners.

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
              Usually 330whp peak. It's very close to this dyno as far as the actual curve... Within 10whp at any point. A tune and some bolt on's and it would be identical.

That's where it ends though. For a price of a set of aftermarket cams for an s62, which wouldn't do much anyway, you could probably get 450hp from the LS haha
              Yeah, seems fairly cheap & easy to bolt on horsepower, but cam/heads/intake gets expensive. Pretty happy with what I've got now!

Just got back from the track with it, what a bat out of hell! Unfortunately the Garrett brake setup couldn't take track use, just about everything was flexing under hard pedal. So I ended up ripping it out and trying to make up something else at the track. Didn't really work out, I only got two runs :( Might need to email Massive for a manual setup, or go with something like you have JGood.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach33 View Post
                Yeah, seems fairly cheap & easy to bolt on horsepower, but cam/heads/intake gets expensive. Pretty happy with what I've got now!

Just got back from the track with it, what a bat out of hell! Unfortunately the Garrett brake setup couldn't take track use, just about everything was flexing under hard pedal. So I ended up ripping it out and trying to make up something else at the track. Didn't really work out, I only got two runs :( Might need to email Massive for a manual setup, or go with something like you have JGood.
                I bet, a light 340whp e30 is no joke, especially when so much torque is available just off idle. I probably ony have 280whp, and it's a handful with 235's.

Honestly, the e34 remote booster is awesome. It's factory, it doesn't flex one bit if you install it properly. I'm all for stock parts, they almost always work perfectly.

Comment

Ugh. Don't tell me this about the garret set up. I just got done installing it on my m60 swap. I won't be doing much track use though, maybe it's fine on the street.

Comment

It was fine on the street, it wasn't until I got on the track that the problems started. By the second session, and after we tried bleeding the brakes again thinking it was air, I looked at the firewall bellcrank and saw it was bending. It needs gussets to keep it straight. Also, the firewall flexes so you at least need to weld in a 1/4" plate to the inside for reinforcement.

Really sucked to lose 4 out of 6 sessions because of no pedal. But I'll have it sorted out before the next track day! If I hit 140 at Summit Point I don't want to know what this flying brick will hit on the back straight at VIR!

Comment

It needs gussets to keep it straight. Also, the firewall flexes so you at least need to weld in a 1/4" plate to the inside for reinforcement.
                      Fieros have similar problems with firewall flex with stock and mildly upgraded brakes.
                      The problem can by addressed by upgrading rotor diameter until the booster is operating in its linear range and pedal loads are low enough that firewall flex isn't a problem.

I did get a firewall reinforcement plate lasered out for the car, though. I haven't put it in yet.

You *should* be able to cut out a reinforcement plate to fit INSIDE the firewall and install it without welding.

Comment

Stock ls1 but with headers right? Or are actually running some assortment of stock cast manifolds?
                        Worlds 1st LS powered e30 cabby.
                        Cab
                        billac: 92 Lagunengrün cabriolet + cadillac LQ9 + Nitrous + rotiform SJC

Raphael: 88 Lagunengrün IX + Hella 500's + Red ACS type 1's

Shaggin Wagon
                        : 01 325xiT 5 speed

91 MR2 GT3076TS + E85 = 505whp + antilag = wheelies
                        88 CRX OEM+ 42mpg DD.

Comment

Originally posted by bmk View Post
                          Stock ls1 but with headers right? Or are actually running some assortment of stock cast manifolds?
                          Stock LS1 with Sikky headers, 2.5 inch duals into 3" single, flow master SUV muffler. Big fat air filter. That's it!

Comment

Zach are you running stock brakes with the garret setup? my buddy that was there at summit point lask weekend with the gold LS swapped early model is running the garret setup with upgraded pads, and was looking at brake options for track abuse. so far on the street even working em on a fun road it hasnt had any issues but it would be nice to find a track tested setup.
                            Shawn @ Bimmerbuddies
                            Bimmerbuddies LLC
                            717-388-1256
                            2971a Roundtop Rd, Middletown PA 17057
                            bimmerbuddiesllc@gmail.com

Comment

No I'm running the IE willwood 6 piston up front with bigger rotors. I'm also running vac boost, not hydro boost.

Comment

Working...
                              X