No announcement yet.

302 swap how boned am I?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honda engines are probably the only other manufacturer engines that you will trip over easier than a SBF.

Honestly, unless thats some super duper hot rod build, i'd chuck it and get another long block. When i broke my crank on stock 5.0, i had another long block engine in the car 6 days later, $800 bucks for the longblock AND a dude to do the swap.

You can pick up entire modded 5.0's for couple grand and they'll come with aftermarket intakes, heads, etc.

Comment

Yeah I could get a running mustang but 390 hp sounds dam good more asking if these engines are any good?

Comment

They're not any good. Save your money.

PS- you're going to be better off asking questions like that in a mustang/ford engine forum. Also good places for research....
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by e30_302 View Post
          They're not any good. Save your money.

+1

just turbo the m20, you'll have a better time that way. v8s were never meant for e30s and you will have to deal with alot of compromises just to have it. been there, done that, not worth it IMO

Comment

Sadly I concur for anything but a street cruiser that the novelty of it appeals to you.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X