regular old m60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
    Bought the boot new. For a 95 540 part # 13711747995. Would it matter if my throttle body came with traction control and the boot is for non asct engines? Not sure if my engine originally came with it but I cant think of any other reason...?
    Well the act engines had a second piece that bolted to the throttle body so I would imagine it would be a much different looking boot.

Is that an OEM piece?

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
      Well the act engines had a second piece that bolted to the throttle body so I would imagine it would be a much different looking boot.

Is that an OEM piece?

Right, the traction control motors had a metal elbow. But both the ASC-T and non throttle bodies look identical (part #'s 13541747763 and 13541741671) sans metal elbow. It has to be the boot... Right?

Comment

Right, the traction control motors had a metal elbow. But both the ASC-T and non throttle bodies look identical (part #'s 13541747763 13541741671)

sans metal elbow. It has to be the boot... Right?
        Yeah. Look through my thread and see what stock looks like. The elbow just can't be right.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
          Yeah. Look through my thread and see what stock looks like. The elbow just can't be right.

Yeah idk wtf happened. UGGGHHH I don't want to spend 100 ducking dollars on an intake boot.

Comment

hahahaha I can't stop laughing at that boot!

Is it MTC brand? That's what I got and it fit fine. There's a very slight upward angle but nothing even close to that, lol.
            85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
            e30 restoration and V8 swap
            24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

I think the time is right to clock the engine mounts about 20 degrees. Hahaha!

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                hahahaha I can't stop laughing at that boot!

Is it MTC brand? That's what I got and it fit fine. There's a very slight upward angle but nothing even close to that, lol.
                Yeah it's mtc. Who knew bmws came stock with a snorkel?

Comment

New replacement boot on the way! Hopefully the first one was just some freak accident.

Comment

I gotta say, it's just plain weird that it would be so off.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Yeah it's mtc. Who knew bmws came stock with a snorkel?
                      Won't hydro lock again. ;)
                      Current: '91 DS M3, '03 TS M3 (6MT)
                      '06 Chevy 2500 Duramax - Race car hauler, '90 Corvette - Weekend toy
                      Past: '88 AW M3, '87 RB M6, '98 CS M3, '88 DS M3, '88 Zinno M3, '88 AW SETA (facelift),
                      1988 Super E (Bronzit - grey wrap)- RIP, 1986 353, 1986 VW Jetta (vr6) - Racecar

IG: RDE_Fabrications
                      Check us out
                      Or YouTube --> HERE;

Comment

Originally posted by sgtskid View Post
                        Won't hydro lock again. ;)
                        Lmao my thoughts exactly. New boot should be in today so hopefully I won't have to cut any holes.

Comment

Round 2 is at an acceptably bendable angle.

Comment

Did some stuff today. Driver side exhaust mani was contacting my engine mount preventing me from bolting it to the block. so I had to cut a chunk out of one arm. Got that figured out then headed to the back. The top heater core line was sticking a little further out so that when I connected the hose it contacted the back of the head. It might have been fine, but I cut it down a little and I trimmed the end of the hose some as well.

Played with some shifter stuff for a minute as well.

Picked this from an e36 318ti and it turn out ITS FITS PERFECTLY. It's the exact length that I need.

This is what my bay looks like now. I really need a new washer tank lmao

Comment

hey man im currently planning out a list of parts for my e30 m60 swap.

its an 87 325is automatic. Just wondering which drivesahft did you go with?

I read somewhere online;

The e30 m3 driveshaft works with no modification. The front half of an e28 535i can also be used with the back half of an e30.

Cliff notes: You use a stock, large guibo driveshaft (late 325e, e30 M3, or e36 328/M3 with 4 bolt rear).

As far as the mount goes. No modification is needed to the stock e30 manual transmission crossmember.

Note: 5 speed weights about 85lbs wet

For the clutch, you must use a 240mm flywheel only. However, any E36 or E39 B28 clutch kit will work.
                              [/COLOR]

whats a large guibo driveshaft? Im on a budget so i wont be able to buy a 800$ e30 m3 driveshaft naw mean? LOL by thew way isnt there a differnce between the auto and manual driveshafts?

Comment

Originally posted by kuan098760 View Post
                                hey man im currently planning out a list of parts for my e30 m60 swap.

its an 87 325is automatic. Just wondering which drivesahft did you go with?

I read somewhere online;

The e30 m3 driveshaft works with no modification. The front half of an e28 535i can also be used with the back half of an e30.

Cliff notes: You use a stock, large guibo driveshaft (late 325e, e30 M3, or e36 328/M3 with 4 bolt rear).

As far as the mount goes. No modification is needed to the stock e30 manual transmission crossmember.

Note: 5 speed weights about 85lbs wet

For the clutch, you must use a 240mm flywheel only. However, any E36 or E39 B28 clutch kit will work.
                                [/COLOR]

whats a large guibo driveshaft? Im on a budget so i wont be able to buy a 800$ e30 m3 driveshaft naw mean? LOL by thew way isnt there a differnce between the auto and manual driveshafts?
                                Yeah that's all correct as far as I know. I got lucky and found a driveshaft from a 325e on craigslist for like $80. It needs to be a manual driveshaft as the automatic shafts are too short. The large guibo bolt holes are like 3.25 inches apart. My clutch setup is a single mass flywheel for an e39 (540 pretty sure) and clutch kit for an e36 328i. I chose a stage 1 clutch kit, but we will see how far that goes, seems like some have problems with it slipping and some don't.

Comment

Working...
                                X