X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still got that bitch out tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

That shop floor is *WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY* too clean

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
        That shop floor is *WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY* too clean
        Lmfao! I hope that's what my landlord says when I move out. My friend and I were slipping and sliding around getting the motor out.

Comment

Day 5. Not too much done, only spent a beers worth of time in the garage, but I did realize how much faster I work now that I don't have to worry about people seeing me, or taking up parking spots, or putting everything away in my car

Also, I bought this impact driver for drilling screws into studs n sheetrock n stuff, it doesn't really have any torque so I didn't really bother with it for car stuff until now, but this thing fucking rips for how little it is. Saved me even more time with the trans, clutch assembly, and exhaust manifold bolts.

Comment

A problem I've ran into but never posted about is my driveshaft not being long enough. It seems nobody has had this issue. I've pushed the motor as far back as possible to where it actually is in contact with my steering rack. I've slotted my mounting bolt holes to slide the steering rack back but I feel this shouldn't have been need to begin with... I can't recall if there's a short and long big gumbo driveshaft. Will research later. Posting this as a reminder to myself before installing new motor, and hopefully for more input. .

Comment

What driveshaft are you using?
              Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Originally posted by Jean View Post
                What driveshaft are you using?
                Early model 325e

Comment

Valve stem seals ordered. Little bit done. It looks exactly the same as it did 2 days ago... Just reversed lol. Clutch assembly, transmission, starter, rear coolant crossover all bolted up, and i spent the better part of an hour scraping off the old gasket from the valley pan.

Comment

Damn that was fast.

Comment

throw that VR garbage into the trash can
                      We're in deep now boys
                      1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                      1988 340iL - Track car
                      My M60 V8 swap thread here
                      [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Lol. I know the hate, but I've had good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
                          Lol. I know the hate, but I've had good luck.
                          I've had very bad luck. Lemme know when it fails
                          We're in deep now boys
                          1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
                          1988 340iL - Track car
                          My M60 V8 swap thread here
                          [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

As soon as i saw the VR i knew someone was going to say something. I have it on my car and everyone hated on it haha. love the progress man, keep it up
                            e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Went to swap the front timing chain covers. Passenger side good

Driver side....

Seems somebody has already had their way in here. I was hoping all the rtv on the cover was just trying to fix a leak not glue the fucking gasket back together.

Read the Bentley and it has a lot of rotating the engine back and firth to get the sprocket off, but I should just be able to unbolt it and bolt it back on right?? Never messed with an engine with so many camshafts so I would ideally like to just take it off as is instead of messing with timing.

Comment

Mark every point of contact of chain with the sprockets, if you plan on removing it and don't have the timing tools.
                                Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Working...
                                X