Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Somehow I didn't sub to this???? .
    Originally posted by Matt-B
    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Drain the oil, make sure it looks ok.

I have the cam timing tool set if u wanna borrow it.
      We're in deep now boys
      1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
      1988 340iL - Track car
      My M60 V8 swap thread here
      [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by judgefargo View Post
        Man, I just wanted to say I admire you deeply.

I have literally read through your entire Thread this instant, for I am about to embark on a E30 M6X SWAP and am absorbing all the information I can get.

I do hope I get to see this Project finished and hear your opinion on the difference from your stock car to now... heheeee I'm sure you will have a massive grin on your face when this happens and you write down a reply, for that is the whole reason of doing such a project.

Funny enough I wanted to buy a 240Z, but due to the prices nowadays I chose to go the route of the E30 V8.

I wish you the best, and keep at it in life and in your hobbies, for sooner or later they will be hard to differentiate, for you will be so used to putting in much effort and not giving up, that all will seem simple when thinking about it for a moment.

Drive safe, and an my grandmother used to say, keep your pecker up!
        I'm glad you've found some inspiration from my thread as I have in so many others. This really is the last big hurdle, and having dealt with so many issues and done all the work myself or with my friends I'd hate to have to take it into a shop. Feel free to pm with any questions if you need anything.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just read the entire thread, I'm tired just from the read.

Great perseverance!

Good luck.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Got a thing in the mail today.

Went to check my timing, ended up spending 2 hours trying to figure out where my timing mark is on the lower cover. It looks like it got filed off or something.

.....Unless I'm looking at a non existent mark....

Comment

We're in deep now boys
              1988 340iL - Track car
              [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                Lmfao, thank you.

Comment

lol I spent way too much time looking at google image searches trying to find the marks.
                  1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Originally posted by wworm View Post
                    lol I spent way too much time looking at google image searches trying to find the marks.
                    glad i'm not the only one haha

Comment

Engine is officially timed properly. Driver side sprocket was off 1 tooth, compression is up slightly, 130-140psi. cylinders are all up atleast 10 psi, not as much as i would have liked. Put some fresh gas and new spark plugs, seems to be running better. i bought a leakdown test kit from harbor freight, so that will happen sometime this week. Main things left, coolant leak at back of motor, exhaust leak, and bleed the last little bit of air out of my clutch.

Comment

did some work yesterday. My coolant gauge wasn't working, so i swapped the plugs around. Voila! coolant gauge works and engine responds a little bit better. but it still bogs when the accelerator is hit, and after engine braking depressing the clutch the engine would die. took it for a quick test drive, and shes absolutely gutless. Roll her back home and me and a couple buddies racked our brains for a few minutes, checked the tps, good, unplugged the maf, little to no change.

No fucking way was i buying a new maf.

There wasn't really enough change to pinpoint it as the maf. For some reason i remembered a spece30 thread talking about ecu's and how there have been 10hp differences just by switching ecu's. this means nothing to me because my car is shit at this point, but i figured, fuck it i'll plug in my other ecu.

Here's the good news

Starts up nice... so far so good. Idles nice... so far so good. Blip the throttle.... ROARS TO LIFE... so far so good.

NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE. As it turns out, the third ecu i bought and paid extra for, (because i thought my cheaper second ecu was potentially bad) was garbage. and the ecu i thought was bad, IS GOOD!!

Needless to say tires were roasted shortly after.
                        Didn't do anything on my "final checklist", but it fucking runs so nice now.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Knocking stuff off my to do list. Fixed one of two coolant leaks, soldered starter wires, cut my hood to clear my coolant res stuff, messed with my shifter, looking for an early model shift plate so it wont hit the driveshaft anymore.

And i noticed that when my accelerator pedal is all the way down i still have about 1/4 throttle at the throttle body. Extremely excited about this seeing as i thought it was fucking ridiculous already, now i find out i still have 25% more throttle. fucked. Trying to keep up this momentum and start driving this upcoming week.

Comment

i have a shift plate i’ll sell ya
                              We're in deep now boys
                              1988 340iL - Track car
                              [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                                i have a shift plate i’ll sell ya
                                yes pls, pm'd

Comment