regular old m60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
    yes. any liquid. low viscosity oil - used is ok ,or just water.
    My fabricator has a lot of experience welded in/out and we ended up with a pin hole. Which became obvious after engine was in car and running....
    My pan is also welded inside and out. But I will see do a test. Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

I have this set up w/ ABS. just make sure the bias bar is neutral ( equal f//r). adjustment once installed is next to impossible..
      This is why I wanted to know before hand lol.

Brakes are stock until later in the future.

Comment

regular old m60 swap

They are labeled with the first letter of the German words Forward (Vorwärts)....

....and Behind (Hinter).

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
          They are labeled with the first letter of the German words Forward (Vorwärts)....

....and Behind (Hinter).

hell yeah brother! definitely never would have figured that out hahaha.

Comment

Yeah, I learned from an older gentleman I work with who's been working on German cars for 30+ years....and he knows German.

That's my car in the pic....I'm running ABS with the Wilwood pedals. Haven't driven it enough to see if it works....but the only thing that changed was having a booster....so it should.
            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

someone school me on brake fittings. so my m/c's are 1/8-27, so i need 1/8-27 to 3/16th's adapters? (3/16's is line size?). what line fitting would match that? i'm not worried about the flare, i just have no idea how to attach my brake lines to my m/c's lol. and can i get this shit from oreillys or autozone or whatever... maybe ill just go there and ask someone what's up and hope that it's that 1 in a million chance that they will actually be helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
                someone school me on brake fittings. so my m/c's are 1/8-27, so i need 1/8-27 to 3/16th's adapters? (3/16's is line size?). what line fitting would match that? i'm not worried about the flare, i just have no idea how to attach my brake lines to my m/c's lol. and can i get this shit from oreillys or autozone or whatever... maybe ill just go there and ask someone what's up and hope that it's that 1 in a million chance that they will actually be helpful.
                This is where I sourced fittings from. Save yourself some time. not sure but I thought Garagistic is selling the 90* fittings now ?

the 3/16" tube is used in place of the 10mm. all threads are mm except for master cyldrs
                3/16" tube CUNIFER .028 25 FT $30.00 amazon
                90* el 1/8" MPT x 10 mm FEMALE BUBBLE FLARE 3 $12.00 PACIFIC CUSTOMS
                Male nut 10.0 x 1.0 12 pak $13.20 FEDHILL
                Union F x F 10.0 x 1.0 6 $7.50

PACIFIC CUSTOMS http://www.pacificcustoms.com/brakes.html
                FEDHILL http://www.fedhillusa.com/
                My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

This is where I sourced fittings from. Save yourself some time. not sure but I thought Garagistic is selling the 90* fittings now ?

the 3/16" tube is used in place of the 10mm. all threads are mm except for master cyldrs
                  3/16" tube CUNIFER .028 25 FT $30.00 amazon
                  90* el 1/8" MPT x 10 mm FEMALE BUBBLE FLARE 3 $12.00 PACIFIC CUSTOMS
                  Male nut 10.0 x 1.0 12 pak $13.20 FEDHILL
                  Union F x F 10.0 x 1.0 6 $7.50

PACIFIC CUSTOMS http://www.pacificcustoms.com/brakes.html
                  FEDHILL http://www.fedhillusa.com/
                  yeah, they do sell the fittings. i didn't think much about it at the time. ALRIGHT, SO, since i already have my brake lines (copper/nickel) i'm going to buy the 1/8Npt Male To 10Mm-1.0 Female Bubble Flare fitting (adapter from master cylinder to brake line fitting). and the brake line hardware to match that is the male 10mmx1.0, and that will connect everything. not sure what "Union F x F 10.0 x 1.0 6 $7.50" is, but this was a boatload of help, thank you. i would call myself pretty competent at searching things, but i just could not find anything on my own.

Comment

pan looks good. I suggest doing a leak test for at least 24 hr. trust me on this !!
                    Thanks for the tip. Been soaking for 30 min or so and can already see a couple leaks.

Comment

Union / COUPLING female x female threads at each end. I used 2 for connecting new lines from Wilwood master cyls to existing lines in eng compartment. You can bend, carefully,the existing lines that went to the original Mater cylinder.
                      Couplings may not be ideal since it adds 2 connections vs 0 if you replace the entire line from ABS unit

hmm image isnt loading
                      My CA legal M60 swap

Comment

union coupling in lower rt corner of pic

[IMG][/IMG]
                        Last edited by 36brua; 09-20-2015, 05:27 PM.
                        My CA legal M60 swap

Comment

union coupling in lower rt corner of pic

[IMG][/IMG]
                          Ah cool. Thank you.

Comment

Spent the day doing guy stuff.
                            Started off with this. Loose as a goose.

Tightened er on up.

Loctite'd everything on up. Wasn't sUre what I was going to find, I'd say 1/3 of the bolts were loose. I think the only reason they stayed in was because the threads were all gunked up with old oil. And I started cutting some plate for my mounts.

Comment

Holy sludge batman. That motor was really neglected, I advise cleaning the shit out of everything!!

and wow I commend you for working on your engine in your apartment, thats some old school WheelHop shit.
                              1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                              1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                              1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                              1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Glad I didn't buy mounts. Slacking today but got some work done.

Sourced a driveshaft, gonna pick it up Wednesday. Crazy how damn near everything has just fallen into my lap. Perfect timing. I almost never check craigslist because there aren't many enthusiasts round these parts, but sure enough, five minutes and i find a large guibo d/s. If there is a god, he wanted this build to happen.
                                Last edited by dothadance; 12-27-2015, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X