No announcement yet.

regular old m60 swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tapatalk needs to get its shit together and not rotate my pictures.

Comment

Copped this today. csb is completely blown, but I was gonna buy a new one anyway so no biggie. One step closer.

Comment

Poped my valve covers off to see how she looks.. She's a dirty girl, but the cams look good. Also, idk what happened, but my valve covers are destroyed. On the lookout for some new ones.

Comment

deadline for this build was mid october, but i got a little crazy lately with the moneys so i'm taking a short break in order to replenish my accounts. also, the reason for my deadline was so i could drive it to this bmx jam called "texas toast", rad fucking times have been had, but it has been cancelled this year, so no more deadline. i'll be happy if it's in the bay for good by my bday (nov. 6), but even happier if it's running.

Comment

dropped my pan off to have the pinhole welded up and i finished my brake system. flared, bolted and flushed. no leaks so far :up:

the brakes are something i have been completely dreading and i feel is a major milestone in any v8 build. so it feels pretty damn good to be finished with them(hopefully).
            Last edited by dothadance; 10-06-2015, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Dropped the hammer on some parts and I got my pan back!

Things are gonna move fast again for a second then probably slow down again, ha.
              Last edited by dothadance; 12-27-2015, 05:58 AM.

Comment

I have some valve covers off of my spare m60 engine that i believe are in good shape if your are still looking for some, pm me
                M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Did some work today. Oil pan is fully installed and I spent some time cleaning up the TB.

Can anybody tell me what this hose is for and how I take it off.

Sucker is stuck on there.

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
                    Can anybody tell me what this hose is for and how I take it off.

Sucker is stuck on there.
                    It looks like it might be a coolant port for cold weather cars. I haven't looked at mine, but judging by the internet, I have seen some that are capped off and others that are in use. Realoem doesn't reveal much.
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                      It looks like it might be a coolant port for cold weather cars. I haven't looked at mine, but judging by the internet, I have seen some that are capped off and others that are in use. Realoem doesn't reveal much.
                      Thanks man. Yeah I tried to look it up on realoem too, but got nothing. I'll keep looking around.

Comment

Made a new steering shaft today as well. duct tape is currently holding it together for mock up purposes only. Shits pretty sturdy tho.....

Comment

The hose on the throttle body is for the brake booster. There's a hard plastic hose that goes into it. It's just a metal nipple on the throttle body, the hose should just pull off, if not just slice it longways with a razor blade like you would with a stuck fuel hose.
                          85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                          e30 restoration and V8 swap
                          24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
                            The hose on the throttle body is for the brake booster. There's a hard plastic hose that goes into it. It's just a metal nipple on the throttle body, the hose should just pull off, if not just slice it longways with a razor blade like you would with a stuck fuel hose.
                            cool beans, thanks man :up:

Comment

Got it.
                              👍

Comment

getting really restless waiting for my parts to arrive. my manifolds should've been in the mail already and at my door by monday, but it seems like the person hasn't done shit yet! Thankfully i have a lead on cheaper/closer manifolds in the event my first ones havent been sent and ive been waiting all this time for nothing...

Comment

Working...
                                X