What is your swap weight all V8's welcome

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • gobuffs
    replied
    The S65 with stock FW and tranny is 120# more than the S54 with lightweight FW and 5 speed.

    Leave a comment:


  • iflytii
    replied
    Originally posted by gobuffs
    No idea. I should say...the 2800 ready to race, it with my big ass in the driver's seat. Without me it is closer to 2500.
    I was around 2350-2400 with my LS swapped racecar so I would guess you are 2500-2550. I don't know that your motor is a lot heavier than my LS but that transmission was a beast.

    Leave a comment:


  • gobuffs
    replied
    Originally posted by 1990m3
    hate to say it but I agree, heavy. Would be nice to have it closer to 2650. How much does the S65 weigh compared to an LSx?
    No idea. I should say...the 2800 ready to race, it with my big ass in the driver's seat. Without me it is closer to 2500.

    Leave a comment:


  • MonkeyMadness
    replied
    I have a completely stock 91 318is. with an M62 with 5spd.
    no AC, no PS, no ABS
    Car feels super light when on jacks and while driven. would be surprised if it was much heavier than the Iron block M20 cars.
    I think I read on this site that the weight diffrence between the M60/5spd and the M20/5spd was 40lbs? hoping that's true.

    Leave a comment:


  • 1990m3
    replied
    Originally posted by gobuffs
    E30 M3 race car ready to race with S65...around 2800. Heavy.
    hate to say it but I agree, heavy. Would be nice to have it closer to 2650. How much does the S65 weigh compared to an LSx?

    Leave a comment:


  • gobuffs
    replied
    E30 M3 race car ready to race with S65...around 2800. Heavy.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmk
    replied
    Originally posted by garretvs
    Our E30 with M20 manufacturer weight is 2778lbs. With LS1 and T56, it weighed 2870 lbs with 1/2 tank of gas and no driver. 4-corner scales gave weights of 795/800 front and 620/655 rear.

    The weight gain was about as much as having a 12-year old in the front passenger seat. With 350 hp and 350lbft torque (300 at 1600rpm!!) the extra weight is invisible.
    Unless your running against something that is actually fast....

    Leave a comment:


  • garretvs
    replied
    Our E30 with M20 manufacturer weight is 2778lbs. With LS1 and T56, it weighed 2870 lbs with 1/2 tank of gas and no driver. 4-corner scales gave weights of 795/800 front and 620/655 rear.

    The weight gain was about as much as having a 12-year old in the front passenger seat. With 350 hp and 350lbft torque (300 at 1600rpm!!) the extra weight is invisible.

    Leave a comment:


  • midnytegsedan
    replied
    88 vert with soon to be lq9 motor and ss trailblazer auto tranny with shift kit. I heard the swap was only a few hundred pounds more than factory. 250 maybe?

    Leave a comment:


  • Q8y_drifter
    replied
    My donor E30 is a base model 316i with pretty much everything gutted. I'm really interested to see how light I can get it with a LS1 + T56.

    Leave a comment:


  • bmk
    started a topic What is your swap weight all V8's welcome

    What is your swap weight all V8's welcome

    What going on guys wanted to start a thread to see what everyone's V8's swaps are weighing in at. Please include as much detail as you can on it.

    I havent weighed mine due to fear...

    With everything I got on my car im guessing the it weighs around 3200. I think I may permanently remove the top and just use the hard top when I need it. My ideal weight would be 2800 I dont think I have a chance at that tho
    Last edited by bmk; 05-30-2015, 09:32 AM.
Working...