Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Q8y_drifter View Post
    a) Can't see the first pic

b) There's a pin holding down that orange quick disconnect fitting. Hammer it out, don't lose pin, install new AN fitting, hammer pin back in.

Have I ever told you that you're the man? Lol

e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

There we go!

Just make sure you pressure test everything on the bench beforehand and check for leaks. Last thing you wanna do is drop the trans to fix a leaking slave fitting (don't ask me how I know lol)
      Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Last night was supposed to be a night to get a lot of work done.

We were gonna

Put the flywheel on
        Clutch
        Slave cylinder
        Transmission

And bolt all that together.

But.

The old release bearing wouldn't come out at all. I went to an auto parts store right before they closed. Rented their tool. And it broke the tool.

So we tried with some 90 degree pliers. And still nothing. It's seized in there and it sucks.

Nothing ever goes as planned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Do you mean the needle bearing in the aft end of the crankshaft that the tranny shaft engages? If it looks ok, put in a little grease and put everything together. The bearing only spins when you sit at a light with your foot on the clutch ....

Also, be sure the face of the flywheel & pressure plate is clean and shiny. Ditto the clutch itself. ONE greasy thumbprint can cause clutch "judder" on engagement -- a real pain in the ...
          E30-LS1 aka. 357is
          email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
          E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
          E30LS1@gmail.com
          e30ls1.com

Comment

It's the throw out bearing. Right where the flywheel goes

Comment

Thats the pilot bearing and yeah they can be a pain. Never had to deal with em as my LS1s all came from auto cars.

Comment

Thats the pilot bearing and yeah they can be a pain. Never had to deal with em as my LS1s all came from auto cars.

Since I have the slave cylinder all hooked up. I'm quite confused since I've never worked on a t56.
                Would I need the clutch fork? Shouldn't the slave cylinder do everything? I was looking at it yesterday and was just confused

Comment

The T56 uses an internal slave, so there's no clutch fork. Just the hydraulic braided line going into the bell housing and the bleeder going out.

Comment

The T56 uses an internal slave, so there's no clutch fork. Just the hydraulic braided line going into the bell housing and the bleeder going out.

When I bought my t56 from Charlotte there was a clutch fork already in it. That's what's confusing me

Comment

Got the bitch out. With a lot of heat and I went through one rental tool and got another one and finally got it

[URL]https://vimeo.com/162208728[/URL

Here's the tranny. I really don't understand how the slave and the fork work together.

Sorry, we couldn’t find that page

Comment

That looks like an LT1 T56. You'll need a T56 from a 98+ LS1 F-Body.

The older style LT1 T56 has a revision for a clutch fork on the midplate and uses an external slave to actuate the fork (left).
                        The newer LS1 T56 has threaded holes to mount the internal slave you have so no fork necessary (right).

Your LS1 style slave won't work with your T56. I'm not sure if the LT1 T56 can be swapped in though. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Comment

Oh no...

Comment

But there's two holes on the bell housing for the slave cylinder hoses to come out of.... Maybe there's like an adapter plate? Idk. I spent a lot of money on this trans i really hope I can make it work

Comment

You have the correct LS1-style bellhousing which has holes for the hydraulic lines but the midplate and input shaft will need to be changed out I believe.

I don't have much info on this swap other than these couple links from a google search.

Manual Transmission - Difference between LT1 T56 and LS1 t56 - Is there any difference between LT1 t56 and LS1 t56? I need to buy a transmission for my LS6 and i've found one. Will both be bolt-on or need any other parts? Thanks Kevin

Comment

Try to find the part number off thr front plate, you may have gotten boned...
                                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
                                X