E30ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
    Good thing i posted in here man, i was going straight to the c101...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong but most of the online diagrams seem to indicate that the stock BMW ECU triggered the fuel pump relay. I don't really know as mine never had the factory engine/wiring but if that's the case then your BMW fuel pump relay will not even work without a little rewiring.
    Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Originally posted by Q8y_drifter View Post
      Someone correct me if I'm wrong but most of the online diagrams seem to indicate that the stock BMW ECU triggered the fuel pump relay. I don't really know as mine never had the factory engine/wiring but if that's the case then your BMW fuel pump relay will not even work without a little rewiring.
      im just gonna do it the way you said, makes more sense. goes from fuel pump to harness and there you go
      e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Connected the harness like the paper said. Connected it straight to the fuel pump and it wouldn't turn on. So I took a wire from the battery straight to the pump and the pump worked and it started leaking under the car. Took an hour but fixed the leak. Checked the fuel pressure by jumping the fuel pump and it is at 60. So now I just need to find out why my harness isn't getting power. Since I fixed the leak under it. I figured to put the wheels on it and to set it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

jump the ignition relay and try again. Also check the 12V connection at the starter. That supplies your 12V to the PCM. Check all the grounds while you're there.

Also I'm assuming you disabled VATS?

Comment

jump the ignition relay and try again. Also check the 12V connection at the starter. That supplies your 12V to the PCM. Check all the grounds while you're there.

Also I'm assuming you disabled VATS?
            Vats are disabled
            i'm going to run fuel line constant to the battery
            and get a better ground.
            also i didnt put the ground on the cylinder head like it says ( i put it to the back of the block)

Comment

where's everybody at?!

Comment

Just spent three hours on it. When I jump the fuel pump, it kicks on. When I put the wires to the harness it won't send power to the fuel pump

Everythings connected by the o2 sensors. The iat. The mafs. I think that's it.

The power wire goes to the starter. The ignition wire from the fuse box on the harness goes straight to the battery. Fuse box for fuel pump said one wire goes to fuel pump the other wire goes to battery. Which I did.

I also have two ground to the motor. One ground from harness to cylinder head. The other ground is inside the car to a chassis. What am I missing??

Comment

Verify the red/blue PCM connectors are bolted down. Check the fuses on the harness. Might be loose, blown, etc.

Comment

Verify the red/blue PCM connectors are bolted down. Check the fuses on the harness. Might be loose, blown, etc.
                    they're bolted down. fuses are good. i'm calling tuner to make sure they deleted vats

Comment

Take a picture of your starter poles and how the wires are hooked up. I had a bunch of power issues and it was because I didn't have that hooked up right
                      1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                      COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Did you have old luck getting your parts from Garrett? I ordered mounts on the 22nd of last month and can't seem to get my parts. For 435$ I feel like I should at least be able to get feed back my whole projects been fucked up by these guys, they hardly respond to emails and don't seem to want to ship me my parts,

Comment

Originally posted by Blobygook View Post
                          Did you have old luck getting your parts from Garrett? I ordered mounts on the 22nd of last month and can't seem to get my parts. For 435$ I feel like I should at least be able to get feed back my whole projects been fucked up by these guys, they hardly respond to emails and don't seem to want to ship me my parts,
                          i can't remember how long it took for me to get the mounts. but garrett has been a good guy to me. i used to text him daily about questions. Him and his father would always comment up here or text me.

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
                            Take a picture of your starter poles and how the wires are hooked up. I had a bunch of power issues and it was because I didn't have that hooked up right

What do you mean? the one at the top is for the ignition to the starter
                            the power one i have the power cable from distribution block then i have the starter wires off the harness

Comment

Just to confirm we're all on the same page

Comment

Just to confirm we're all on the same page

Yeah. Bottom ones is the power cable and wire from harness. Top is a wire that I have for ignition

Comment

Working...
                                X