No announcement yet.

E30ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That fuel filter & lines is dangerously low and exposed. You might wanna use that mounting hole on your body to move it up and away from the ground/tire/rocks/etc.

You also may wanna go with fuel injection hose clamps after you've started up and tested the engine/wiring.
    Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Originally posted by Q8y_drifter View Post
      That fuel filter & lines is dangerously low and exposed. You might wanna use that mounting hole on your body to move it up and away from the ground/tire/rocks/etc.

You also may wanna go with fuel injection hose clamps after you've started up and tested the engine/wiring.
      I got it like that just to go ahead and get it routed, the lines coming from the tank were a pain in the ass to get too. i'm probably going to come up wit like a skid plate or something for it so nothing can hit it.

also you've done the swap. to get it turned over, all i need to do is connect the harness to the fuel pump wire in the C101 and the ignition wires to a 12v constant. than just plug the pcm and jump the starter?
      e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Yeah that should be it. Did u figure out the starter yet?

EDIT: Is that a PSI harness? That fuel pump wire on your harness should go to the fuel pump. That should be your 12V feed wire from the fuel pump relay on your new harness. Double check the wiring on your harness fuel pump relay to confirm, but AFAIK the harness should be setup so that the PCM switches on the relay to power the fuel pump. You don't wanna use the BMW fuel pump relay here there's no need for it.
        Last edited by Q8y_drifter; 02-15-2017, 06:48 AM.

Comment

EDIT: Is that a PSI harness? That fuel pump wire on your harness should go to the fuel pump. That should be your 12V feed wire from the fuel pump relay on your new harness. Double check the wiring on your harness fuel pump relay to confirm, but AFAIK the harness should be setup so that the PCM switches on the relay to power the fuel pump. You don't wanna use the BMW fuel pump relay here there's no need for it.
          yeah it is a psi harness. hold on. so everybody told me to go through the c101 for the fuel pump wiring. you want me to connect it straight from the harness to the fuel pump?
          the other wire will be to a 12v source for the relay.

Comment

do you have a picture of how you wired up the fuel pump?

Comment

I think PSI might have changed the wiring on the harness at some point, because my harness only has one 12V wire for the fuel pump coming out of the fuel pump relay on the harness. The other 12V wire to power the relay was pre-wired already. The fuel pump relay would turn on once the PCM receives 12V to prime the rails.
              Can you post a pic of the fuel pump relay and the wires coming out of it?

Comment

the fuel pump relay came with two wires already installed and i had to wire the other two. hold on i'll have pics in a second

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's a pic of my PSI fuse/relay box I snapped while I was wiring everything up. See that red wire going down? That's the ignition 12V wire that powers the ignition relay to power up the PCM. That same wire switches the fuel pump relay on as well. It was pre-wired by PSI for both relays so all I was left with for the fuel pump relay was the 12V feed wire for the pump.

Comment

I have that wire too but it says it's the ignition wire. It's the one in the picture at the bottom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine was connected to both?? :dunno:

Anyhow its easy. just connect terminal 30 to 12V. Doesn't matter if its switched/constant cuz the PCM supplies ground to terminal 86 to trigger it when it powers up.

Comment

So what do i do to connect the fuel pump? route it to through the c101? theres a wire there for it.

Comment

Pin#13 – Violet/Red – Fuel pump – This pin in the power supply for the e30 fuel pump. 12v from the fuel pump relay enters at this pin, passes through fuse11 then heads to the fuel pump in the rear of the car. Obviously you need this one connected.

but i won't have the original fuel pump relay from the car

Comment

Originally posted by Reyhan335 View Post
                              So what do i do to connect the fuel pump? route it to through the c101? theres a wire there for it.

Just run the remaining feed wire from the PSI harness relay (terminal 87) to the fuel pump positive terminal. Cut/splice it to the factory 12V wire that goes the pump and remove the factory BMW fuel pump fuse to make sure no power feeds it. That's all you need. The PCM will control everything.

Comment

Just run the remaining feed wire from the PSI harness relay (terminal 87) to the fuel pump positive terminal. Cut/splice it to the factory 12V wire that goes the pump and remove the factory BMW fuel pump fuse to make sure no power feeds it. That's all you need. The PCM will control everything.

Good thing i posted in here man, i was going straight to the c101...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X