No announcement yet.

E30ls1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also when you did the brake booster did you take the abs out or did you keep it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    e30Ls1 Swap IG: 1dirty30

Comment

Looks like Imma sell my stock harness to get a standalone harness. Psiconversion.com has a good one for $549. The tech was very helpful too.

Comment

The LS engine PCM can be re-flashed to output a tach signal directly to your instrument cluster thru the wire that the BMW ECM sent its tach signal on. Since you probably are going to re-flash the PCM anyhow for the other things you may want to change (VATS, etc). So no need for a code plug for the instrument cluster.
        E30-LS1 aka. 357is
        email us to pick up our LS1 swap guide
        E30-LS1 KITS now available!!
        E30LS1@gmail.com
        e30ls1.com

Comment

I never did find with 100% certainty the proper tach output. My tach is at about 1/10 currently. Literally, redline is like 600rpms.

Comment

Just got back from my boy. He's a powdercoater and he got this ready for me.

Comment

Comment

If anybody's got a question about buying the kit from Garrett or anything or have any doubts let me know. He's been extremely helpful and I literally talk to him everyday. I would deff get his kit again if I had too. Also the book is worth it. Couldn't have done it without the book.

Comment

Swap kit from Garret look pretty awesome. I just ordered the swap guide and will be ordering the rest of the kit in the next few weeks.

I have a chance of picking up an aluminum driveshaft today for the T56...don't know if its from a Corvette, Camaro or Firebird...does it matter what car it's from? Also, Garret mentioned to me that I should get the T56 from either a Camaro or Firebird and not the Corvette, do you know why this is?

Thanks
                  sigpic
                  Rebuilding since 07/06/2016

Poorboyz Parts For Sale - Updated 01/20/17 - Will be updated soon - Have many parts to post

Poorboyz Feedback Thread

Comment

E30ls1

Originally posted by Poorboyz View Post
                    Swap kit from Garret look pretty awesome. I just ordered the swap guide and will be ordering the rest of the kit in the next few weeks.

I have a chance of picking up an aluminum driveshaft today for the T56...don't know if its from a Corvette, Camaro or Firebird...does it matter what car it's from? Also, Garret mentioned to me that I should get the T56 from either a Camaro or Firebird and not the Corvette, do you know why this is?

Thanks

I believe it's Because the corvette drive train is completely different. If you look it up. The transmission is completely different than a regular camaro or firebird.
                    Don't hold me up to it. But I think that's why

Comment

LS1 Camaro/Firebird T56 trannies have the proper bellhousing and shifter placement. GTOs have a different shifter location and vette T56s are mounted in the rear of the car and have a different bellhousing, tail housing and shifter setup
                      Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

Yeah ^ that's what I was trying to say. He just said it a lot better. Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by shiboujin View Post
                          I didn't do the wiring hehe. I hear it's easy. like 3 wires and an ECU flash.

Who did the ECU flash and what did it cost? I'm sure its to just get rid of the immobilizer?

Comment

E30ls1

Originally posted by White325is View Post
                            Who did the ECU flash and what did it cost? I'm sure its to just get rid of the immobilizer?

Texas speed will flash/ tune it for you. I think it's $250?

Comment

Just take it to whoever will tune your ECU. It'll be cheaper if not free since you'll pay him for a tune anyway.
                              Alpine White 1989 E30 Coupe - LS1/T56

Comment

I just messaged a guy that my girlfriend had told me about. He owns this company.

Complete Street Performance, West Chester, Pennsylvania. 25,436 likes · 132 talking about this · 900 were here. CSP is dedicated to providing quality service at a great price for your GM vehicle, as...

See what he says for pricing.
                                I will keep you updated.

Comment

Working...
                                X