Project Overly Ambitious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
    I have a S2.93 but I haven't driven the car yet to see how it feels.
    Thats what ill be running, i feel like i dont have too much choice tho. 3.15 are very rare, and i feel like 3.25 will start to get a little high. I had a 4.10 in my SETA and it was too short, even for track. Pulling like 4k at 80mph in 5th.
    We're in deep now boys
    1988 325i SETA - Daily driver
    1988 340iL - Track car
    My M60 V8 swap thread here
    [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Brake update!!

I was able to get my brakes installed and fully bled. It only took three installs and removal of the pedals before I was able to get it done haha. Now I need to get the remote adjuster cable installed and get the dash back in.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

only 3 installs??? im over that number and i haven't even finished plumbing...
        We're in deep now boys
        1988 340iL - Track car
        [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
          only 3 installs??? im over that number and i haven't even finished plumbing...
          I had to have done it at least 5 times and I need to take them out again for bench bleeding and balance adjuster install.

Lol, this is not something you get right on the first try, for sure.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
          My current E30 M62B44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by wspellmann View Post
            bench bleeding and balance adjuster install
            am i being too optimistic thinking I can bleed everything without bench bleeding? I have an idea about bench bleeding keeping it installed. I set my balance bar to about half, and I've installed the remote adjuster already. The knob will be mounted where the OBC was.
            We're in deep now boys
            1988 340iL - Track car
            [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

The last time I pulled the pedals out was to adjust the stroke of the pedals. Basically, I adjusted them as far up as they can go. I probably could have gone in a little bit, but I wanted to make sure I could fully depress master while bleeding.

I bench bled in the car, super easy if you don't have ABS. Bolt in your pedals, connect up your lines that go into the engine bay and your reservoirs. 1. With a helper, slowly depress your brake pedal, 2. plug the engine bay side of the lines with your finger as the pedal moves back up to neutral, 3. remove finger from engine bay side of line and slowly depress pedal- do all this until you have clear fluid coming from the lines in the engine bay. Connect up your braking system to the rest of the system and bleed your brakes. Bleed both passenger side corners at the same time- if you have speed bleeders it's quite easy to do both at once and even by yourself. If you don't have speed bleeders, you will need two helpers to accomplish this part.

dasmanschaft01- do you have a prop valve plumbed into the rear?

I just worked on the remote adjuster this morning, I'm going to run it next to the ebrake handle.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

do you have a prop valve plumbed into the rear?.
                I assume thats proportioning valve.
                Unless theres an OE one somewhere, no. Just using the remote cable adjuster.

Thats basically how I was gonna do bench bleeding, except rather than a finger, put a hose from the output into some clean fluid.
                We're in deep now boys
                1988 340iL - Track car
                [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Originally posted by dasmanschaft012 View Post
                  I assume thats proportioning valve.
                  Unless theres an OE one somewhere, no. Just using the remote cable adjuster.

Thats basically how I was gonna do bench bleeding, except rather than a finger, put a hose from the output into some clean fluid.

that's the stock one- it is in the drivers side of the engine bay bolted into the rear line.

That method of bench bleeding should work.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

Ah that's what that is. Just when you think you know where everything is on these cars, you learn something new. Ill leave the stock one in, unless it causes an issue the balance bar can't fix.
                    We're in deep now boys
                    1988 340iL - Track car
                    [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

My dash is most of the way back in- I got the dash itself bolted in last night with the help of my friend Kevin, then spent time today getting the glovebox back in place as well as the M42 DME mount and HVAC panel. It was somewhat of a puzzle putting it all back together since I had taken it out back in October and had forgotten everything. Luckily I tagged and bagged much of it.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

My dash is most of the way back in- I got the dash itself bolted in last night with the help of my friend Kevin, then spent time today getting the glovebox back in place as well as the M42 DME mount and HVAC panel. It was somewhat of a puzzle putting it all back together since I had taken it out back in October and had forgotten everything. Luckily I tagged and bagged much of it.
                        The m42 mount ecu mount didn't work for us the harness was not long enough. You may have better luck
                        My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Originally posted by 36brua View Post
                          The m42 mount ecu mount didn't work for us the harness was not long enough. You may have better luck
                          I was wondering about that. Which way did you have the ECU facing, with the connector socket facing towards the front or rear of the car?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                          Transaction feedback
                          - jpod999

Comment

I was wondering about that. Which way did you have the ECU facing, with the connector socket facing towards the front or rear of the car?
                            I think we tried both.
                            My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Does anyone have any insight into wiring up the old style Garagistic RPM module? Now that they have the plug and play one they don't have the instructions for the old style. I emailed them and never received a response- that legendary Garagistic customer service again...

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                              Transaction feedback
                              - jpod999

Comment

Does anyone have any insight into wiring up the old style Garagistic RPM module? Now that they have the plug and play one they don't have the instructions for the old style. I emailed them and never received a response- that legendary Garagistic customer service again...
                                Give them a call. More responsive over phone.
                                We're in deep now boys
                                1988 340iL - Track car
                                [oo==OO==oo]

Comment

Working...
                                X