• Time
  • Show
Clear All

[emoji31]

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
    Transaction feedback
    - jpod999

Comment

I worked with Jay at Sssquid for about 6 weeks to get his OBDIM62B44 chip working on my car. Turns out that my 404 DME has a 12/94 build date, they went 484 in 1/95. The stock chip in my DME has a burned in cryptocode that the other chips on the DME looks for in order to start up. Jay's first version of my chip obviously didn't have this and the DME wouldn't fire the injectors or plugs (not sure which). I ended up sending my stock chip to him, he pulled the cryptocode and burned it into his chip. Once installed it started up perfectly. It definitely feels healthier!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
      Transaction feedback
      - jpod999

Comment

Finally good news!!
        My CA legal M60 swap

The happening in our garage

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
          I worked with Jay at Sssquid for about 6 weeks to get his OBDIM62B44 chip working on my car. Turns out that my 404 DME has a 12/94 build date, they went 484 in 1/95. The stock chip in my DME has a burned in cryptocode that the other chips on the DME looks for in order to start up. Jay's first version of my chip obviously didn't have this and the DME wouldn't fire the injectors or plugs (not sure which). I ended up sending my stock chip to him, he pulled the cryptocode and burned it into his chip. Once installed it started up perfectly. It definitely feels healthier!
          That's great to hear!

Comment

Honestly, not sure how long this car is going to stick around. Turns out we have another baby on the way and could use the cash that this car represents. I've had the car for over 14 years now, so it would be hard to let go.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Just read this whole thread while here with my two youngons. The second child kills all your extra time and a good chuck of your extra $$$. I was forced to pair down my toys after the arrival of our second (4.5yo and 1.5yo now) and have trouble finding any time to get into the garage. I keep ordering parts and they never make it onto the cars... unless it's the wife's (our main vehicle) x35d X5. That one gets fixed right away for obvious reasons. ;)

Anyway, great build. You have my sympathies on having to consider selling the car. I am fighting the need to sell the convertible now that we need to move to a better school district and purchase another house. So I feel your pain. :(
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              -----------------------------------------
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

The struggle is real!

Right now the car has been on jack stands for the past two weeks- the clutch needs to be re-bled as the last time I drove it it required a few pumps to build adequate pressure. Not sure why it’s losing pressure...

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                Transaction feedback
                - jpod999

Comment

When I get my E30 back up to the Bay Area I have got to come and see this thing. Sounds like a little monster.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                    When I get my E30 back up to the Bay Area I have got to come and see this thing. Sounds like a little monster.
                    I'm about to move back to WC, definitely bring your car by!

A buddy came over and we bled the clutch the other day. I ended up pulling it from the trans and bleeding it that way- worked way better. Gonna try and take it out for a run this weekend.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                    Transaction feedback
                    - jpod999

Comment

How is it going ?
                      Mtech1 v8 build thread - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=413205

OEM v8 manual chip or dme - https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho....php?p=4938827

Comment

Not sure how I missed your post Jean- my bad!

I haven't done anything to the car except drive it a few times in the last two weeks. It starts and idles great each time I get in it.

Things I need to do:
                        -mount relays
                        -route O2 wires
                        -add spacers to column (steering wheel has a slight wobble now)
                        -mount brake ducts
                        -purchase/install fog blanks
                        -alignment
                        -ignore urge to sell car

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                        Transaction feedback
                        - jpod999

Comment

-ignore urge to sell car
                          Ahem, what? Why would you make such threats

Comment

Hah it’s really just all in my head. I enjoy driving it but can’t stop listening and waiting for things to break. It kinda ruins the experience. Maybe I’ll get over it?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

Hah it’s really just all in my head. I enjoy driving it but can’t stop listening and waiting for things to break. It kinda ruins the experience. Maybe I’ll get over it?

Hahaha honestly expect things to break but don't let it distract from your enjoyment of the car. My valley pan gasket has gone twice on me, my electric fan (before it broke and damaged my a/c condenser) would blow the fuse, one of my catalytic converters got clogged, one of the a/c lines has a hole in it and i still haven't figured out why it runs rough when it gets hot (heatsoak maybe?). But every time I turn the engine over and it roars to life, I'm reminded how awesome this car really is. Plus, it's a project car, you knew that when you took the original engine out. :D

Comment

Agreed- the fact that it works at all is a big win in my book as this is my first swap ever.

The draw of an ‘01 740i Sport is very strong though.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                                Transaction feedback
                                - jpod999

Comment

Working...
                                X