Leave a comment:

• Elysian
    replied
    Been pretty quiet, how's it going?

Leave a comment:

• hkv
    replied
    Originally posted by DividedBeing View Post

Yeah, it's a long term goal so maybe I'll run across the right deal for a 6.0 Aluminum block.

Got my oil pan/oil pickup installed today.

If you look real close, you'll see the sickening amount of spots where I've spilled oil all over my brand new concrete. I figure if I just spill it everywhere, it will eventually look like it's supposed to be dark and as if no oil was spilled at all.

nice collection of pics there! your oil pan doubles as a good tool bench hahah. if the oil drops annoy you enough you could just a dip a paint roller in some old engine oil and go for the full send hahaha

Leave a comment:

• DividedBeing
    replied
    Originally posted by Elysian View Post

My rig:

G12T-75's are fantastic, my last 4x12 had those. My cabinet now has Warehouse ET90's, bought it from the guy who built the cab, really nice construction. I do want to swap them for some Warehouse Reapers, but not in the budget right now. Just got my Marshall 9100 retubed and refurbished, sounds better than ever now.
    Ooh, nice setup. I'd love to have one of those 9100 Power amps to run BiasFX 2 and other vst stuff into. Think I'm going to end up just adding one of those Metropolous zero loss fx loops to my JCM 800 and running it in that way. You should get a second cab and run that thing in stereo.

Leave a comment:

• jbontke
    replied
    Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
    6.0 block and pistons, 4.8 crank and rods...
    Yes! I have seen this combo and I have an LQ9 and a 4.8 with the better rods just because of what it can do.

Leave a comment:

• Elysian
    replied

Yeah, I should have sealed it but didn't really know that until I got into the project and had my shit all over it, so it would be a major pain in the ass to do now.
    Already tried Dawn, pressure washer, and kitty litter. No luck so far, but I'm going to try baking soda/boiling water and then borax/boiling water

Haha, of course. I listened to some clips on youtube. Your pups sound like they scream.

I've got a nice setup going on. Just retubed this beast and loaded that cab with a set of G12T-75s because I literally smoked the stock 50 watt Celestion voice coils that came in this cab.
    Sounds so much better all around now, but the amp still needs a recap being an 83.

This is the rest of my stable. That's a 1960 Duo-sonic on the right hand side. I put some Custom 69s in it last year because I wasn't a fan of the originals, and they were pretty microphonic.
    Shielded it with copper tape too.

With the original pups. Might put some brown covers on the new ones.

My rig:

G12T-75's are fantastic, my last 4x12 had those. My cabinet now has Warehouse ET90's, bought it from the guy who built the cab, really nice construction. I do want to swap them for some Warehouse Reapers, but not in the budget right now. Just got my Marshall 9100 retubed and refurbished, sounds better than ever now.

Leave a comment:

• DividedBeing
    replied

GM built way more aluminum 6.2's than aluminum 6.0's. The 4.8 crank and rods work in those engines as well.

That's why it's important to seal the concrete first... Pressure washer with detergent is your best best to clean it up.
    Yeah, I should have sealed it but didn't really know that until I got into the project and had my shit all over it, so it would be a major pain in the ass to do now.
    Already tried Dawn, pressure washer, and kitty litter. No luck so far, but I'm going to try baking soda/boiling water and then borax/boiling water

Elysian Pickups, naturally
    Haha, of course. I listened to some clips on youtube. Your pups sound like they scream.

I've got a nice setup going on. Just retubed this beast and loaded that cab with a set of G12T-75s because I literally smoked the stock 50 watt Celestion voice coils that came in this cab.
    Sounds so much better all around now, but the amp still needs a recap being an 83.

Click image for larger version  Name:	rig.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	9909817

This is the rest of my stable. That's a 1960 Duo-sonic on the right hand side. I put some Custom 69s in it last year because I wasn't a fan of the originals, and they were pretty microphonic.
    Shielded it with copper tape too.

Click image for larger version  Name:	duosonic.jpg Views:	0 Size:	69.1 KB ID:	9909818

Click image for larger version  Name:	60duosonic2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.4 KB ID:	9909822
    With the original pups. Might put some brown covers on the new ones.

Click image for larger version  Name:	60duosonic3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	113.3 KB ID:	9909821

Leave a comment:

• Elysian
    replied

Nice, man! Personal brand or for a company?
    Elysian Pickups, naturally

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied

Yeah, it's a long term goal so maybe I'll run across the right deal for a 6.0 Aluminum block.

If you look real close, you'll see the sickening amount of spots where I've spilled oil all over my brand new concrete. I figure if I just spill it everywhere, it will eventually look like it's supposed to be dark and as if no oil was spilled at all.
    GM built way more aluminum 6.2's than aluminum 6.0's. The 4.8 crank and rods work in those engines as well.

That's why it's important to seal the concrete first... Pressure washer with detergent is your best best to clean it up.

Leave a comment:

• DividedBeing
    replied

I make guitar pickups professionally
    Nice, man! Personal brand or for a company?

Leave a comment:

• Elysian
    replied
    Also, not even close to relevant, but I got another axe that I feel compelled to post
    I make guitar pickups professionally

Leave a comment:

• DividedBeing
    replied
    Also, not even close to relevant, but I got another axe that I feel compelled to post

Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	97.1 KB
ID:	9909578

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	115.7 KB
ID:	9909579

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	9909580

Name:	7.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	9909581

Leave a comment:

• DividedBeing
    replied

Got my oil pan/oil pickup installed today.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20200304_170342-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.0 KB ID:	9909569
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200304_170351-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	110.7 KB ID:	9909570
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200304_170422-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	97.0 KB ID:	9909571
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200304_170704-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.3 KB ID:	9909572
    Click image for larger version  Name:	20200304_171018-01.jpg Views:	0 Size:	109.2 KB ID:	9909573

Leave a comment:

• The Dark Side of Will
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DividedBeing
    replied
    Originally posted by z28 View Post
    I have an ls7 clutch and I would not recommend it because its heavy and I get locked out of gear at high rpm if I don't bleed the fluid often.
    That's really good to know

Also, those ceramet pucked disks are NOT friendly to drive. They're friendliER than sintered iron, but still not very nice to drive on the street. That's why I brought up the organic dual disk 7.25" units.
    Definitely taking this into consideration, but the kits I saw on the sites you linked are significantly more expensive than the Monster Stage 3 (I'm sure the cost matches the quality). I've seen a lot of guys saying the MS3 is very streetable. Would be nice to be able to try it out.
    There's going to be close to zero stop and go traffic where I live, and Central Florida is flat as a pancake, so hill starts will never be a problem. If anything, I think I just need to avoid skipping leg day to offset any difficulty from the MS3.
    This car is by no means going to be a DD either way.

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

Problem us it is LONG and HEAVY. First time I picked one up by hand to put on a lift, was "this is worse than an AUTO."
    Yeah, that's one trade off for sure. Once I've got this car built, I'm going to hunt down an aluminum block 5.3 or whatever aluminum LS variant I can pick up for the right price, build on it, and drop it in this e30.

Assuming I don't kill it, the iron block will most likely end up in a Land Cruiser or 4x4 Van build that's next on my agenda.
    Last edited by DividedBeing; 02-29-2020, 07:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X