Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M60 and Z3M radiator, what hoses did you all use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M60 and Z3M radiator, what hoses did you all use?

Having some fitment issues with the hoses. I was going to use a stock M20 upper (I think thats what it was, I bought it a year ago and can't remember) and an E38 lower. The E38 lower fits perfectly, but since i have the radiator slid over to the right by several inches for the lower to clear the AC pulley, the m20 upper was too long. M60 upper is too "deep". Decided to trim the M20 upper, but the hose necks down so damn much I can't get it over the thermostat housing outlet. I was going to just whack another hunk out of the M20 and splice it, but its a 34mm or 1-5/16 ID so no one makes a damn splice.

What did you all find to work? I am guessing the M20 upper since you probably aren't idiots like me trying to run air conditioning on a frankenstein's monster.
    1985 325e -> M60 swap project
    1983 GTV6
    1974 X1/9

I'll be honest, I made my own hoses, using parts of other hoses, a section of aluminum pipe and some clamps. I can't tell you for the life of me what hoses I used though. It has worked well for me so far, Had to roll a bead into both sides of the pipe to keep the hoses from sliding off over time. that was the only issue I had.
    Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Originally posted by delamaize View Post
      I'll be honest, I made my own hoses, using parts of other hoses, a section of aluminum pipe and some clamps. I can't tell you for the life of me what hoses I used though. It has worked well for me so far, Had to roll a bead into both sides of the pipe to keep the hoses from sliding off over time. that was the only issue I had.
      Yeah I tried looking up some other stuff and nothing is going to work. The fact that my radiator is shifted to the right about 3" is going to mess up any stock fitment. Ended up ordering a splice thats designed to allow an inline temp sensor to be fitted. It was all I could find in 34mm. $20 from Summit plus I needed to order an air filter anyway. The finishing touches bullshit is costing me so much more than the "Swap" parts by leaps and bounds. Now I don't know what to do with my shifter, my aluminum welding guy is isolating from the virus because he's almost 80. Might have to make a shitty body mount unit now. So fristrating.
      1985 325e -> M60 swap project
      1983 GTV6
      1974 X1/9

Comment

Working...
      X