Sealed Beam Headlight assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sealed Beam Headlight assistance

Hi, probably an odd request in regards to sealed beams. However, I need to know if the low beam H5006 bulb will physically fit in the high beams H5001 spot. The vehicle in question is out of state, and mine has euro lights so I can't compare.

Long story short, this is for a rally build that will also be driven periodically on public roads. I'm upgrading the forward lighting to have 4 aimed low beams for regular night driving and 8 aimed high/low beams + 2 fogs for night races/open areas.

I'm aware of the compromises, but in terms of better public night driving illumination and replacement cost we believe this to be the best option. As opposed to expensive to replace euros or obviously non street legal LEDs.

Thank you for any help

Yep, can't recall if the connector has the pins in the right spots to just swap, but I think so. If you can swing the cost, a Rigid Industries light bar makes a great and durable off road lighting solution.

You can also get a variety of other non sealed beam lights that will fit (more or less) in the buckets/rings of the sealed beam mount for even better light output/pattern. IIRC 90s Jaguars always seemed like a good source in junkyards.

Comment

Yeah they won't plug in directly, I just wasn't sure if they would physically mount in the same holes. I know the bulbs have mounting tabs on them but I didn't know if thats what BMW used to locate the bulbs. We'll be making a new headlight harness with relays and fuses to directly power the bulbs, using the existing wiring just to trigger the relays. The potential for 10 forward facing filaments seems nice!

Comment

You can extract the terminals from the housings by using a narrow tool.
        New housings are available.

Comment

Working...
        X