Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hoffbrohaus View Post
    Recirc on. Fan speed at 2 Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
    That's how I set mine when checking vent temps. Will check both of mine for comparison and post the results.
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Comment

Originally posted by tomstin View Post
      Is your auxiliary fan stock or aftermarket? When it comes on, does it blow the right way? When I installed my aftermarket, it came as a sucker, the directions had me reverse the blades AND reverse the wiring. I missed that second step, chased my tail for a very long time. About the 10th time I went through to verify EVERYTHING again I noticed the auxiliary fan was pulling air out versus pushing air through.
      Good double check. It's the stock fan. Since I had to remount on the new condenser I just checked, it's pushing air in the right direction. Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
      '90 325is

Comment

Originally posted by cory58 View Post

Will check both of mine for comparison and post the results.
        Finally got around to checking discharge temp on my 12/88 production Touring.

After about 15 minutes it settled in at 47-48 degrees. Here's the fine print.

Ambient approx 78 degrees
        Car was fully warmed up but had not been sitting in the sun
        Fan speed 2
        Recirc on
        134a
        Reading taken from center vent
        Earlier this year I had the Seiko compressor rebuilt, upgraded the condenser and replaced all the lines under the hood, but did not touch anything inside the car.

Cory
        1992 325i Cabrio
        1988 320i Touring
        2000 M5
        1977 530i
        2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
        BMWCCA
        E30CCA

Comment

Did you by any change the expansion valve?

Comment

I changed the expansion valve. I'm thinking it's something with the custom lines I had made, maybe? I dunno. It's cooling off here so I'll probably ignore it until April 2022. Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
            '90 325is

Comment

Working...
            X