Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interior leaks - question on passenger side wiper cowl/vent

Hi all,

I am having some trouble figuring out where this pool of water is supposed to drain. The photo below is under the windshield wiper cowl/vent on the passenger side of my car. Does anyone happen to know? I don't see any holes and water pools here when it rains.

Thanks,Click image for larger version

Name:	water.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	10028882​Mike

Check your drain snorkel.

PN 51731911369

Click image for larger version  Name:	20210824_122522.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.6 KB ID:	10028888
    Last edited by uturn; 08-24-2021, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by uturn View Post
      Check your drain snorkel.

PN 51731911369

Click image for larger version Name:	20210824_122522.jpg Views:	0 Size:	48.6 KB ID:	10028888

Thanks and that was actually the first thing I checked. It looked to be free and clear of debris but I might have to check the blower motor area to make sure the drain into the elephant trunk is actually clear on the inside.

On my original photo, it's hard to tell but I've circled in red here, there is a flap that prevents the water from going into the blower motor area. Is this normal? The car is parked on grass such that there is a slight lean towards the driver's side (so the passenger side of the car is higher than the driver side). But I can't imagine BMW would design this so that water pools here if the car is parked at an angle? If the car is on level ground, is this pool of water supposed to drain outwards towards the passenger fender?

Maybe I'm mistaken, hoping someone can shed some light!

Best,
      Mike

Click image for larger version

Name:	water.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	112.0 KB
ID:	10028899

Comment

That water should also go out the gap at the fender and down through the rocker.
        2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Working...
        X