Help me with some codes please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help me with some codes please

Hey guys ✌️ those are the codes my 91 325 automatic throws, the o2 sensor seems new, I just bought the car, she runs fine but shakes when I start it, very very rough start, the sparkplugs all look good and they seem to be burning nice and even, the engine idles fine, check engine light comes on at idle but goes away after I press the gas! The only lights on the dash are brake lining and anti lock, the previous owner done some hacking while adding new rotors on the back I think! Thanks for your time 🙏

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of curiosity, How did you scan the codes?

App?
    Cable?

Comment

Originally posted by ADEN View Post

App?
      Cable?
      My buddy has an Autel? Scanner, amongst all the different obd’s he had one that fit on the e30 as well! Took about 5-10min but it read it!

Comment

Will try to find an Autel but which Autel model did work with e30 if you can confirm.

Regarding your problem i think you need to check your injector harness the notorious round black plug under the intake for corrosion or loose female pins.

Comment

"runs fine but shakes when i start it"

That doesnt sound like it runs fine....

Based on your description and the code id be questioning the wiring to the injectors too. or maybe an injector is sticky.

Comment

Originally posted by e30davie View Post
            "runs fine but shakes when i start it"

That doesnt sound like it runs fine....

Based on your description and the code id be questioning the wiring to the injectors too. or maybe an injector is sticky.
            I think it might’ve been the round plug, I took the whole throttle body out, bunch of rotten hoses, also the throttle body was one of the dirtiest I’ve seen in all my life, Ive done the best I could with what I had ( leftover hoses around the shop) ordered new ones, cars starts and runs nice now! The engine is on condor poly mounts which I think were amplifying the vibrations, I’ll change those soon as well!

Comment

Will try to find an Autel but which Autel model did work with e30 if you can confirm.

Regarding your problem i think you need to check your injector harness the notorious round black plug under the intake for corrosion or loose female pins.
              I’ll reply with a model number soon, its a big square one that can connect even via Bluetooth the damn thing comes in a big plastic briefcase with maybe 9 different obd ports? It was a couple thousand a few years back from what my buddy told me!

Comment

[QUOTE=Zalmoxis;n10043115]

I’ll reply with a model number soon, its a big square one that can connect even via Bluetooth the damn thing comes in a big plastic briefcase with maybe 9 different obd ports? It was a couple thousand a few years back from what my buddy told me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

The great e30 won't expose herself to any low budget scanner

Comment

stomp test it

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  '90 325i sedan daily driven
                  '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

App?
                    Cable?

Tiz the scanner kind Sir

Comment

Originally posted by Zalmoxis View Post

Tiz the scanner kind Sir

That seems expensive will try to find someone has one.
                      Thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X