Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto EGS

Hey guys,

I’m slowly restoring an E30 and want to put every possible factory option I can at it and I’ve recently started looking into the EGS system: S/E/123 switch on the centre console by the handbrake

I know it requires a dedicated ECU/brain and the downshift unit for the transmission but is that all that’s needed? How does this system work? Does the E30 come with the looms for the auto transmission already like it does with some other things?

I think if you look around the system is much more involved to retrofit than makes much sense. IIRC, the transmission controller lives in the trunk, so I sincerely doubt that auto E30s are prewired for it, which would probably mean finding a donor car or a car with it that someone is swapping to MT.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      I think if you look around the system is much more involved to retrofit than makes much sense. IIRC, the transmission controller lives in the trunk, so I sincerely doubt that auto E30s are prewired for it, which would probably mean finding a donor car or a car with it that someone is swapping to MT.
      Late reply but thanks for the help mate I appreciate it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I believe you need to find an electronic transmission 4hp22-eh plus its computer.
        It was used in other models E28, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
          I believe you need to find an electronic transmission 4hp22-eh plus its computer.
          It was used in other models E28, etc.
          Okay thanks a lot :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X