Battery venting tube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery venting tube

Looking for some clarity on battery venting for my 1988 325iX. At some point when I had anew battery installed several years ago the vent tube was not reinstalled. And then the car was parked for approx 5 years and as I have been waking it up recently I want to reconnect the vent tube. Plugs into my Diehard battery no problem but the only obvious other end I see is a hole in the battery tray and the other tube end does not easily fit. Is this the correct other spot?

The tube runs to an expansion tank that should itself plug in to a hole in the bottom of the battery compartment, that is to say, below the tray.

As to exactly correct tube routing the hole seems likely, but it could just have been over the side of the tray from new since I cannot recall any retainers for the hose in any E30s I've had.

Comment

I suppose the best way to confirm the proper location of where to vent the end of the tube is to remove the battery to see what i can see!

Comment

the hole you have it plugged into now is so you can fit a bigger battery by moving the hold down over - the tube does have a place to go (don't remember off the top of my head) but that is definitely no it.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
        X