R5 FCX Scan reset tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R5 FCX Scan reset tool

Sometimes it works , most of the time not. Other mechanics turn the car on with tool inserted but the instructions say not to. Generally I'm scarred to do any thing that may f.u. my car.
    I never got the instructions with the tool. Will this thing mess with my ride or can I turn the car on and off as needed to get the inspection lights to go out?

tg

That's just a code reader and a reset tool, it would be almost impossible for it to damage your car in any way. Although it probably doesn't matter, I would follow the instructions to turn on the ignition and then insert the reader into your OBD port.

The reset portion is to reset the counter for the Oil Service and Inspection lights at the bottom center of your cluster, the Service Interval (SI) lights.

The code reader portion will be able to read out the limited codes available for our ECUs. You'll get a number that you reference against Peak's documentation. (A 'stop test' will also get you the code info through the dash)

I googled "Peake Research R5" and got the instruction sheet for you:

Have fun!
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Hey thanks,

tg

Comment

Working...
      X