HELP I cut part of my wiring harness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP I cut part of my wiring harness

Yup, I just did quite possibly the dumbest thing in my entire life. While trying to remove the carpet I was cutting the area around the heater core and I snipped about 5 wires from this cluster here. I am horrible with the electrical side of cars and have no idea what I’m in for.

Can any of the gurus identify what these wires control? To make matters worse the cut is almost underneath the heater core, so to splice them back together I’ll likely need to remove the heater core. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I’m furious and can’t think logically right now. Thank you.​

If there’s a better area to post this in let me know.​
    Attached Files
    89’ 325i Coupe Schwarz
    89’ 325i Cabrio Alpine Weiss II
    90’ 325is Schwarz

Anyone know what part of the wiring harness this is called? I’m not good with wiring diagrams, having trouble finding what the wires are for.
    Attached Files
    89’ 325i Coupe Schwarz
    90’ 325is Schwarz

Comment

You have plenty of slack to work with in that area. Strip the wires, solder them back together, add a little heat shrink and move on!
      2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

Originally posted by tomstin View Post
        You have plenty of slack to work with in that area. Strip the wires, solder them back together, add a little heat shrink and move on!
        Put on the heat shrink before you join the wires with solder. I have made that mistake more times then I care to admit 😅

May I add that you should disconnect the battery immediately if you haven't done so already.

Comment

Originally posted by tomstin View Post
          the cut itself is actually up in this area in this pic. That last pic I uploaded was just to show people which wire cluster it is so maybe people can tell me what those wires control. There’s not a lot of slack at all, and the hvac box is right in my way.

Attached Files
          89’ 325i Coupe Schwarz
          90’ 325is Schwarz

Comment

Cease fire on the thoughts and prayers, turns out if you take 5 mins to properly assess a problem, good things happen. I thought that part of the harness fed up into the dash area behind the HVAC. But it actually routs back out the other side near the trans tunnel. I was able to snip some harness clips that were way under the HVAC to free up the harness and dig it out. Now I have plenty of slack to repair my mess.

Took the opportunity to clean up some surface rust and paint the floor too. Crisis averted, I can sleep now.

Attached Files
            89’ 325i Coupe Schwarz
            90’ 325is Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by aavani90 View Post
              Cease fire on the thoughts and prayers, turns out if you take 5 mins to properly assess a problem, good things happen. I thought that part of the harness fed up into the dash area behind the HVAC. But it actually routs back out the other side near the trans tunnel. I was able to snip some harness clips that were way under the HVAC to free up the harness and dig it out. Now I have plenty of slack to repair my mess.

Took the opportunity to clean up some surface rust and paint the floor too. Crisis averted, I can sleep now.
              Excellent, glad you figured it out!

Comment

Working...
              X