1 piece pulley Bosch alternator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 piece pulley Bosch alternator

I messed up my alternator when I over torqued the small D+ terminal and it started spinning which severed the internal connection. I took it apart and resoldered the broken connection and secured the bolt to keep it from spinning again. I cleaned everything and did a refresh but didn't pay attention to the assembly of the pulley. All the other alternators I have use a 2 pc pulley setup as shown in realoem. I have a left over spacer that I can't seem to place. I only found one picture on the net of the 1pc style but it doesn't show much detail. Anyone have one of these single pulley style Bosch alternators? Or have experience with these?

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	124
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	10084329
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Photo of the leftover spacer, relative to the alternator? Assembly can’t be ‘that’ different to a 2-piece version

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230217_133837.jpg Views:	0 Size:	200.8 KB ID:	10085050 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230217_133829.jpg Views:	0 Size:	246.5 KB ID:	10085051

I ended up with 2 of the top washers and 1 thick spacer. 1 of the top washers goes behind the fan. I've tried different combinations but I'm trying to find the proper way to assemble it. It's possible that the bottom spacer doesn't belong to the alternator at all and was already laying on the bench.
      Last edited by reelizmpro; 02-18-2023, 02:15 PM.
      "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
      88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
      89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
      91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
      X