Are Bosch Sunroof Motors Repairable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are Bosch Sunroof Motors Repairable?

I have a dealer installed moonroof that uses a Bosch FPE 12V 0 130 821 806 motor. It appears to be dead. Can these be repaired? or are there motor repair shops for these motors?
    I am in SoCal.

Thanks!

Most likely, the electric motor was used for many different cars.
    It's the transmission that was different for each application. I suspect plastic gears are broken if they are plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincenze View Post
      Most likely, the electric motor was used for many different cars.
      It's the transmission that was different for each application. I suspect plastic gears are broken if they are plastic.
      Backstory: The moonroof worked when I bought the car ~ 1 year ago. It worked for a couple months, then it just wouldn't open. We push the button and nothing. No sounds, no movement, nothing.
      I verified there was power to the switch. When I had the car in the shop for other repairs, I asked them to check the roof and they said it was the motor.

Recently, I pulled out the motor. Now, finding the motor is a challenge, hence why I asked if the motors can be repaired. As this is an after-market moonroof, I doubt that I can find a manual crank handle that will fit.

Any further help/guidance is appreciated.

Comment

I can't guarantee that the electrical motor is identical in the series, but it may.

Like this motor https://prussianmotors.com/bmw-e36-3...1998-oem-used/

If you unscrew the metal part, it may fit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	inv_000758__98404.1523273273.jpg?c=2.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	10091640

Comment

Working...
        X