Looking for oem engine mount without oil dampening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for oem engine mount without oil dampening

Hello, the title says it all, i'm currently running polyurethane engine mount because the oem ones sheared off but for a daily use it's too hard. So i'm looking for suft engine mount without the oil dampening (wich i guess is why it fails so quickly?)

Thanks in advance for any info :)

Presumably for an M42/44 in an E36 based on your profile?

There isn't a soft mount that I'm aware of, but you could try the standard E28 mount rather than the HD one that E30 owners typically purchase.

The OE hydraulic mounts typically last many years of hard driving, perhaps you had an issue with an aftermarket set?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
      Presumably for an M42/44 in an E36 based on your profile?

There isn't a soft mount that I'm aware of, but you could try the standard E28 mount rather than the HD one that E30 owners typically purchase.

The OE hydraulic mounts typically last many years of hard driving, perhaps you had an issue with an aftermarket set?
      I'm running a boosted 1.9l m43, so sohc 316i engine on a e36 compact, but there is a lot in common with the e30 chassis.

Can the e28 mounts hold decent power? I pushed around 230hp of this little nugget, and it's pretty torkey and i like to drive a bit hard from time to time, maybe i've had a bad set of engine mounts

Comment

They can likely support that power level, but it's probably down to the quality of the specific part/brand you buy.

Comment

i wouldn't use any rubber mount unless it comes from the dealer /OE. aftermarket OEM are literal junk
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Working...
          X