Vent hose from top of fuel tank….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vent hose from top of fuel tank….

Ok here we go again. Another pisser. My braided vent hose from the top of my fuel tank that runs thru a metal tube back to the gas tank venting system does not want to pull out. I have sprayed WD 40 and PB Blaster into the fender well opening for the metal tube. Vacuumed out a lot of dirt. I can even run a metal rod down the side of the braided hose all the way to the inside top of the fuel tank. WTF….. that hose ain’t budging. Any suggestions would be gladly appreciated. Thanks.

I did the same thing to mine. Just kept working it until it finally came out. Maybe go at it with Blaster and the metal rod from inside the car too.
    1992 325i Cabrio
    1988 320i Touring
    2000 M5
    1977 530i
    2015 328i - Euro Delivery/Performance Center Delivery
    BMWCCA
    E30CCA

Comment

Update, finally got that hose out. After a full can of PB Blaster. Now… I’m gonna vacuum as much dirt, debris and rust out of that tube before working the new hose thru the tube and out to the top fitting of the fuel tank. Note to self: thread a length of rope thru the new vent hose to facilitate threading the new hose.

Comment

Done. Ordered the hose from the dealer. $41. PN 16121177553. Next day delivery. While waiting, I liberally sprayed the tube with PB Blaster. Picked up my hose and shoved it down the tube from the wheel well to the top of the tank. The PB Blaster made it easier to get the vent hose down the tube without removing the 2 smaller plastic lines. Used a pair of 12 inch needle nose pliers to pull the new hose thru. Clamp at both ends. Re install the cover and liner. Done

Comment

Working...
        X