No announcement yet.

SRS Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, I see it now, I only had the pedal panel removed, I removed the knee panel and it was visible. Mine had 3 orange plugs so I just unplugged them all. Does anyone know what the control unit directly below it is? I am assuming its the ABS control module.

Comment

Yes it is.

Comment

I pulled the airbag computer after finding the previous owner cut the wire going to my airbag. It explained why my SRS light was always flashing.

Comment

How do you guys remove the SRS computer?

I'd like to take mine out - but it looks like you almost have to remove the whole dash to get at it..

-----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by Simon S View Post
            How do you guys remove the SRS computer?

I'd like to take mine out - but it looks like you almost have to remove the whole dash to get at it..

Nope... You can get it all out with the kick panel removed. Fairly easily actually.
            1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by SamE30e View Post
              Nope... You can get it all out with the kick panel removed. Fairly easily actually.
              Well that's cool. Do you get at it from below? Screws accessible?

Comment

Yes, you get at it from below. You must remove the ABS computer first, then you merely need to remove four bolts holding the ABS computer to a sheetmetal plate.

Originally posted by whysimon
                WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Cool.
                  Thank you much.

Comment

Originally posted by stamar View Post
                    I do like the old steering wheel better than the air bag wheel though.
                    If that is legal where you are.
                    I've been wondering about that. Is there a good resource to find out (or an existing msg thread)?
                    Does a Rebuilt/Salvage title make a difference? (since it has a sticker stating something about
                    safety standards, can't remember what it says right now). This is in state of Washington, BTW

Is there a way to make it go kaboom while at a safe distance? (I mean besides ramming it
                    with the Excursion) Should be able to energize or short a couple of wires hooked up
                    to a jumper cable, I'd imagine. Something like this...

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Not sure if I should have started a new thread (some forums like to keep the number of similar
                    threads minimized, others don't like thread necromancy) I lean towards minimizing number of similar
                    threads.
                    Yes, I did use the search function, BTW

I don't like the idea of a small bomb 16" from my face, and also don't like the bulky steering wheel.

I wish I lived in a free country where I could buy a car w/o airbags (or order airbags as an option if I want them).

Don't get me started about nanny laws (okay, I guess it's too late).
                    Last edited by Mark 42; 04-13-2012, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X