Auto vs Manual Radiator.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Auto vs Manual Radiator.

Searched and could not find it. I've know there is supposedly a difference between the two for a while now,and never cared enough to look it up, but what exactly is it?

I don't know this first hand, but got this from the mechanic that is doing my swap....I was looking through the ETK trying to be thorough on the swap - I noticed that the radiators were different too - he said that there is a radiator cooler for the automatic built into the radiator that is not used or needed on the 5 speed. He said it was only a problem if you were going the other way (5 speed to manual).

BTW, the throttle body is different, and an exhaust hanger is different - that is it for the non obvious stuff - and none of that is of any concern to the swap....

Hope this helps - I also hope this is not spreading incorrect info....

Comment

I know on other cars it was bcus there was a tranny colder on it, but with the manual u didn't need it, so u'd jus drain it and leave it disconnected.

Not sure if thats tru with ours, since the tranny cooler is seperate from the rad.

Comment

It has hookups for the auto trans fluid cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by Matto
          Renting my rear wheel bearing tool kit. SIR
          http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c5...ps6debf0b0.jpg

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

The autos rads work on both manual and auto cars....

I have one for sale if you need one ....
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

The throttle bodies are the same (at least in '87)

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by Axxe
                Not necesarily. Part number for the throttle body (actually, the correct name is Throttle Housing Assembly) for a car with a Manual is 13-54-1-716-065. With an Auto, it is either 13-54-1-716-065 or 13-54-1-716-066. The difference is "Code AL"" or "Code AN""

Not sure about the AL or AN reference on the auto, but there is a potential difference here.

BTW, this is directly from BMW's ETK -

Comment

Originally posted by jblack
                  Originally posted by Axxe
                  Not necesarily. Part number for the throttle body (actually, the correct name is Throttle Housing Assembly) for a car with a Manual is 13-54-1-716-065. With an Auto, it is either 13-54-1-716-065 or 13-54-1-716-066. The difference is "Code AL"" or "Code AN""

Not sure about the AL or AN reference on the auto, but there is a potential difference here.

BTW, this is directly from BMW's ETK -
                  It probably has somthing to do with the cable attachment for the transmition on an auto.

Comment

Working...
                  X