wheel well problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wheel well problem

well my dad and i believe my car was hit at some point in time in the area of the passenger side front fender due to a few things that we noticed. when i was putting on my is lip the other day i noticed this...

dont know how well u can see it but the wheel is rubbing when turned all the way to the left and there is a crack in the wheel well from a left hand turn. can anyone tell how serious this is? is it really that serious at all? and would i be able to lower the car as it is right now...

how long have you had this car?
    98 M3/4/5

Comment

Sure has had some sort of major front end damage. Looks like the control arm is to far foward and the front end looks pushed back.

It needs to be put on an alignment rig and check to see what's bent or do some measuring yourself.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

ive had the car for like 2 months, it was given to me by my uncle who had no recollection of any accident. we think hes ex-fionce may have wrecked it and gotten it fixed or something.

it was on an alignment rack when i got new tires put on and they adjusted the toe.

im mainly wondering if its worth it to get it fixed and mod this car, or just save for something else in the future.

Comment

Can't tell by looking at cropped photo. so we need a better shot and various other areas too.
          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3
            Can't tell by looking at cropped photo. so we need a better shot and various other areas too.
            nothing else seems to really be noticable (to me at least). within the next few days im going somewhere to do a photoshoot and ill take some extra pics of the front end.

Comment

Are you running stock or offset CAB's? Your wheel looks like it is too far forward in the wheel well.

Lets see a overall shot of the front end with the whole wheel/well.
              Tenured Automotive Service Professional - Avid BMW Enthusiast

Vapor Honing & E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
              https://mtechniqueabs.com/

Comment

Set your steering wheel straight ahead. Measure the wheelbase on the left side and compare it with the right side. If the wheelbase measurements are the same, check the chassis for damage. Pull off the windshield washer tank and look at the base of the wheel housing for distortion. Check the fender to door gaps on both sides of the car. Check the hood gap.
                John
                88 ///M3 Cinnabar
                84 318i Black

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan
                  Are you running stock or offset CAB's? Your wheel looks like it is too far forward in the wheel well.

Lets see a overall shot of the front end with the whole wheel/well.
                  everything on the car is stock.

i will be doing a photoshoot tomorrow when i get home from school.

Comment

Take the wheel off and get the BFH out and start hammering.

LOL jk, Is it jus a the wheel liner that is loose or damaged?

How could you not tell that was there for over two months? U didn't even notice the lip coming off?

Comment

i have the same prblem on the same wheel well... mine is caused by having no iner fender lining and the tread of the tire caught peice of the wheel well and cracked it so it popps when i back up to the left now

Comment

bent control arm? does it only rub on that side?
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by T.Dot E30
                          Take the wheel off and get the BFH out and start hammering.

LOL jk, Is it jus a the wheel liner that is loose or damaged?

How could you not tell that was there for over two months? U didn't even notice the lip coming off?
                          i just put the lip on, its not coming off the valence is warped right there so it sits crooked and makes the big gap. i did notice that the front bumper was not lined up properly.

and yes its only the one wheel thats like that, the other one looks kind of close, but im not really sure how close its supposed to be, it could be fine..

Comment

Working...
                          X