Front Wheel Bearings: Meyle or SKF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front Wheel Bearings: Meyle or SKF?

Title says all. I'm leaning towards Meyle, but if SKF is better then I will splurge and spend the extra 6 bucks.

Keep it slideways!!

its 6 dollars...i think u can afford it.
    Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

You miss my point. I don't care for the price, I want to know which is better.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

skf is the bigger brand of the two, never had a problem with either, i'd just go with skf.
        Cam .W '91 325is

Spaz's 1991 Alpine White???? S52 Build Thread...

Comment

Meyle makes junk. Go SKF.

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
          '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
          Strictly Eta

Comment

Thanks guys.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
              Everything Meyle makes is junk? I have a set of tie rods I got from BMA do I not want to use them?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by parkerbink
                Everything Meyle makes is junk? I have a set of tie rods I got from BMA do I not want to use them?
                Sorry, lemme correct myself. Their wheel bearings and standard rubber front strut mounts have a pretty high premature failure rate. I can't speak for the tie rod ends, their new heavy duty strut mounts with the metal inserts, or anything else they make.

'86 325 2.8i stroker - Arctic Blue
                '11 328i Sports Wagon - LeMans Blue
                Strictly Eta

Comment

Ok thanks. I don't want to put them in, align the car & then find out they stink. Can anyone tell me if I need to get a different set please?

Thanks

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

They are only tie rods, takes like 10mins to change, if they aren't rusted and seazied.

Put them on and try them out, they are only tie rods, there aint much tooo them, so i dont see how they can suck.....unless they are really cheap and the joint seperates

Comment

The only arms/tie rods I like using are Lemforder which is OEM.

Comment

They are new, in sealed packages look just like the ones I just saw at the dealer. I just would rather throw them away and get good ones (assuming these aren't) than waste any time on them, also I can only get parts (unless I want to spend a fortune at the dealer) once a month and I am about to go to Laredo so I want to know now as I have to order new ones. I doubt Patrick would send me bad ones but if you guys know they are no good please let me know.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Fred
                          Yes.

Originally posted by trent
                          The only arms/tie rods I like using are Lemforder which is OEM.
                          And yes. Febi is acceptable if you're in a jam, but Lemforder is by far the best of all the OE brands. SKF bearings are good too.
                          Adam Fogg- '88 M3

Common sense- It's the new 'gifted'

Comment

Maybe one of the Mods would like to start a comprehensive thread / list of preferred brands. . .

There's another thread on here about the preferred waterpump brand.

How 'bout M20 distributor cap + rotor?
                            I recently got a Bremi. It has nice brass contacts, and appears to be well made, in Deutschland, unlike Bosch.

I recently had a bad experience with an Elring gear selector rod seal. The Kaco I'm using to replace it seems to be made better. Has a nice rubber coating on the front half of the outer edge of the metal seal.

Comment

Working...
                            X