Vacuum check valve delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vacuum check valve delete

So ive removed the old intake boot and replaced it with a 90 degree turbo coupler and i was wondering if there was any way to get rid of the vacuum inlet for the brake booster. Ive heard of people using 3 way check valves and such but nobody has really gone throght what to get and how to do it.
    90 m20is

fucking get the correct intake boot idiot. what is it like 20 dollars brand new? you could easily get one at the junkyard for 5.

Comment

keep your eyes on the for sale threads
      :pimp:

Comment

Lennon, eat a dick and get off my thread if your not going to help me. I could easily adapt the check valve into the silicone coupler, but id rather get rid of it.
        90 m20is

Comment

I figure that BMW had a good reason to have that line running to the boot. Best to retain it.
          The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
          Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Not all of them have the line going into the intake. I was looking through the engine bay thread and there are a couple eta's that just go from the throttle body to the booster. And this is what im curious about. Ill post the pics around 9 tonight.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Zues; 09-19-2009, 09:17 PM.
            90 m20is

Comment

Originally posted by Zues View Post
              Not all of them have the line going into the intake. I was looking through the engine bay thread and there are a couple eta's that just go from the throttle body to the booster. And this is what im curious about. Ill post the pics around 9 tonight.
              that motor isnt an ETA unless its a 2.7i. And what are you trying to do? MAybe if you let us know that, someone could give you some advice. if you are looking to route the vacuum line as shown in your pictures, then do so. There is no advantage having it either way. And other than your ECU throwing a CEL, you can run without that ICV no problem. The cold starts with be difficult but after 2 or 3 minutes it will idle just fine.

Taylor
              Need a performance chip for you BMW? Shoot me a PM and I'll get you taken care of!!
              Taylor- Follow me on Instagram @e30_fiend

Comment

Thank you, thats the answer i was looking for. Im trying to do just that. Eliminate another vacuum line going into the intake boot.
                90 m20is

Comment

As long as there is a vacuum line going to the booster it doesn't matter where it comes from. The booster just needs vacuum to function. Just make sure you use a check valve.

Comment

I dont think he's talking about the brake booster. It wouldnt be the smartest thing running non-power assist brakes.
                    I got a fender roller now! LMK if you need me to roll your fenders or want to rent the tool from me locally.

Paypal: vdang5@gmail.com

Delta Auto Care
                    2875-C Towerview Road
                    Herndon, VA

My Feedback Thread: Evil_Twin

Comment

The check valve is there for a reason. It keeps the vacuum in your booster in the case of low engine vacuum. IMO, keep it.

Comment

Right on guys. So should i plug up a hole on the throttle body or find a way to tie them both into one with a check valve.
                        90 m20is

Comment

What is the point to your omitting a vacuum line that BMW has installed for a reason?

Is there a purpose?
                          sigpic 1987 325is

Comment

Working...
                          X