Crossed ignition wires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossed ignition wires

A cuople of months ago i tried to change the spark plug wires. But i had installed them incorrectly so i hear a ping knock and back fire. Then i see a little smoke at the time as well. Now what damage did i do because after the issue the car never turned on after that. Help lol

Crossed ignition wires should not result in damage to the engine. Once connected in the proper order the engine should run. So something else is probably the cause of the engine not running. A backfire could find a weak spot in one of the hoses that connect to the intake or even pop and injector seal. I'd suggest that you look for intake leaks.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

could i have cause a short in my electrical system.

Comment

Not by just crossing ignition wires.
        The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
        Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Something else is wrong

crossing the wires probably caused a misfire the brought out the real issue?

Do a check down of you engine see if anything is leaking etc

Comment

No leaks as of right now. But the car had a lot of issues with the engine harness the car used to stall out the fuel pump relay used to go out time to time. the motor idle rough until you push on the accelerator. I have an other harness from my other car i crashed two years ago.

Comment

I thought it was the ignition wires thats why i crossed them by accident lol. Anything else i should check for?

Comment

Working...
              X