S14 timing tensioner question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S14 timing tensioner question!

For what porpouse exactly is amde that litle hole or valve in the tensioner? What i must put in there and when?

Thanks

Diego
    Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

I believe you need to fill it with oil and bleed it, or at least on the S38's you have to.
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3
      I believe you need to fill it with oil and bleed it, or at least on the S38's you have to.

correct.

You can also use the E36 M3 tensioner on the S14, self adjusting and no setup.
      Chris
      90 Corrado/91 M3/01 M5

Comment

Originally posted by cramer
        Originally posted by rs4pro3

correct.

You can also use the E36 M3 tensioner on the S14, self adjusting and no setup.
        yes, we installed once ae36 tensioner in a s14 with out touching it, but I just noticed it today and was bit confused about what to do with it!

Thanks!
        Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

It's not a bleeder, but a primer. Fill it with oil before cranking the engine. It will keep the chain from rattling on first startup.
          I used a pistol oiler and a length of clear tubing to prime the tensioner. It's the only time I didn't get the chain rattle after removing/replacing the tensioner.
          John
          88 ///M3 Cinnabar
          84 318i Black

Comment

Originally posted by arnoldgtr
            It's not a bleeder, but a primer. Fill it with oil before cranking the engine. It will keep the chain from rattling on first startup.
            I used a pistol oiler and a length of clear tubing to prime the tensioner. It's the only time I didn't get the chain rattle after removing/replacing the tensioner.
            Understood!

Thanks for the input! :D

Comment

Working...
            X