Headlight problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight problem

Ok, so my headlights work fine. The outer bulbs both light up when I pull the handle, however when I trun on my brights the regular head light on the drivers side goes out and the highbeam does not go on. However on the passenger side the regular driving light stays on and the highbeam comes on, it works like it should. I drive an 87 eta and need to get this straightend out within the next 3-4 days in order for the car to pass inspection.

Oh i already tried switching all the relays with my buddies e30 that works properly to no avail. Anyone?

Perhaps you should try swaping the known good headlights over to the other side and see what happens. If they work fine, then get new bulbs. I would switch only the high beam first.

Comment

Haha, thats nice to know that I'm not the only one with that problem, but sorry to hear that. I, for some odd reason seem to believe that its an Si board problem. The Si board also says that the highs aren't on, when really they are suppose to be on. That started happing to me as soon as the Tach went out. But who knows?

Comment

sealed beam lows are dual fillament.. your high fillament is burned out, and possibly your high beam on that side. replace, it's less than $10 a peice.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

See the weird thing is that that driver side high will flash, so its not burned out. Then after about a second it turns off along with the low beam, then just passenger side high and low stay on.

Comment

Have you tried switching the low beam units around and trying again?

Comment

about the headlight problem

What's up man II'm having a similiar problem and my problem is that when I turn my headlights on my dash lights don't come on and come to find out my right rear and my plate lights don't come on neighter if the dash lights aren't on. so i've come to the conclusion that I need a new headlight switch to have my lights fully operat, Now in your case that sounds like you have a connection problem I'm not saying that it's the same thing but it could be a problem. To get to the switch just get behind the switch and wiggle the piece a little, then you can find out where the problem is at and it will help take away some of the head ache....remember BMW's are also know as Big Mess of Wires and everything is in sorta like a series as far as the lights and accessories.

Comment

Working...
              X