junction block pic request.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

junction block pic request.

i need a picture of the junction block where the batttery line and fuse box lines come together, it is behind the washer fluid reservior, if someone could take a pic, of where all the wires go to that would be excellent, the pic in the Bentley, it not helpful as it doesn't show or tell where the wires come from.
    E30 325ix 62k

bump
    E30 325ix 62k

Comment

I'll try to describe the wires for you.
      Ok You have the Large black wire that goes to the starter, where it attaches to the large guage wire running to the battery there are an 8mm and 10mm nut, the two wires coming from the fuse box attach to there respective posts. Then There is a 10mm nut and a small black wire running from the battery directly above the Large wire. The + wire from the Engine harness connects here.
      85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Crap, I had it scanned and uploaded to my server but I think I deleted it. There is a direct pic of it in both the Haynes and the Bentely. Ill check when I get home from school. Right now I am in Lawrence so I cant post it.
        Im now E30less.
        sigpic

Comment

Yeah the pic int he bentley is from the passenger side and close up I can't tell which wire is which and what not I will post a pic tonight of how I have it hooked up, everything works except the fuel pump doesn't make a sound.
          E30 325ix 62k

Comment

here are some shots of what I have going on with my wiring to the junction block feel free to point out the wrongs.

route of wiring:

ground of two wires got to ecu cable:

finger on the same wire angle showing ecu cable:

and one valve cover shot for fun:

notice anything wrong or different from yours tell me thanks!
            E30 325ix 62k

Comment

That green wire and black wire go to the Ignition coil.

Comment

so any reason my fuel pump wouldn't be operating because of the way my wires are attached.
                E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Not sure it's hard to tell from the picture, are both the wires coming from the fusbox hooked to the battery terminal?

Comment

In this pic my finger is on the wire to the fuse box and the sky blue spots show where the two wires are connected.

another of the same pic so you can see what it is pointing to.
                    E30 325ix 62k

Comment

alright I got all the wires connected properly but still no start, don't get it yes the fuel pump relay is connected i just checked.
                      any ideas would be sweet I want to go on a drive today.

Thanks for the info rs4pro3
                      E30 325ix 62k

Comment

ok updates on the new problem everything is connected properly I have traced the problem and found that the prong of the main relay #86 has no power, fuel pump will work when fuel pump relay is bridged, and will work when connected and ground at the wiring harness, any help would be much appreciated.
                        E30 325ix 62k

Comment

Grounding of the Fuel pump relay is controlled by the ecu. My m30 engine had the same problem, I had to replace the ECU and it worked fine. You could just ground it to the chassis, but the pump will stay running when the car is shut off.

Comment

so the bad = no power on the main relay prong #86 is solved this way are there any other tips, by the way your tips are awesome.
                            We verified that the fuel pump relay works by doing the bypass of the relay with wires and a ground and then checked all the prongs on the main relay and the 87 and 30 are fine and the 86 the green wire that yup goes to the ECU should have power but doesn't
                            then we went to the wiring harness for the ECU and did the bypass of the relay there are stated int he bentley and the main relay clicked on, and we bypassed and got the pump to work, so the problem is in the ECU then is that the only solution,( if so it was the 2 damn mice pissing and shitting on top of it like it was a slab to there house that did it. ) fucking bastards, they are dead now HAHAHA,
                            anyways I guess I'm in the WTT market of having a Bosch ECU # 524 and needing a Bosch ECU # 153. Both say 001 810 on them, will they work in place of each other?
                            E30 325ix 62k

Comment

is the 524 from your other ix? you should be able to just drop it right in.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                              X