No announcement yet.

What LSD for me ?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for starters you might want to look under that back of your car at the rear diff cover. On the cover is a tag, held on by one of the bolts. Clean that tag off and tell us what numbers are on it.

The problem is we dont know anything about your car except it has an open diff and 4 speed. In theory if one is available in the same ratio youd be fine. going 62mph (100kph) is a bit high in 4th but not excessive. I would guess a 4.10 or 4.27 open. I know they make a 4.10 open but someone else is going to have to help you on availability of a higher ratio diff if you wanted more performance.
    Im now E30less.
    sigpic

Comment

I ll do that and post my findings ASAP...
      A3TeRnuS
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally Posted by aaron_silva
      It is always frustrating having a harsh ride when
      you arent in the right mind set.

Comment

Well,I took the car in for an oil change and I inspected the diff.I didnt find any tag to be precise,but the was something written ON the right hand side of the back of the diff case
        reading as follows "1 210 423".I have to remind you that the car is a manual 4speed 3.18i and that 100km/h in 4th means 3850rpm approximately...
        Does all this mean I have a 4.23 open diff ?!? Or what i read was smt else ?
        A3TeRnuS
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Noone knows ?!?
          I didnt find any tag to be honest.Someone has any photo of such a tag maybe ?
          A3TeRnuS

Comment

:(

Comment

Working...
            X