Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey..long time no see..I got some problems and ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey..long time no see..I got some problems and ?

Okay, the engine light goes on every now and than than the car has problems gasing (moving) than suddenly it clears..I either think its the air flow sensor or the speed sensor...any one know where I can pick one up?

I also need smaller transmission mounts. (to lower the tranny) The ones I have bring the tranny to high and makes my shifter hit it. I say I need either half an inch or 1 inch.

Also I need rims. My car is a two door, 325i 6 cyl, use to be automatic, now is a 5 speed. 4 studded. Please no spacers.

is your car randomly cutting out while you're going down the road? might want to test your crank posistion sensor. instructions are in the bentley.

might be a good idea to run check codes too to see if you can find an easy answer. in my case, the ECU didn't detect the faulty sensor, it just compensated by increasing my idle to about 900rpm instead of the normal 650.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Thign is, a check has been made. The dude said its either the speed or air flow? I will bring this up next time I say something.

and about the bentley..2 days after I got it it fell apart and I lost pages..so I just threw it away. Not going to spend 50 bucks to get a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by nando
        is your car randomly cutting out while you're going down the road? might want to test your crank posistion sensor. instructions are in the bentley.

might be a good idea to run check codes too to see if you can find an easy answer. in my case, the ECU didn't detect the faulty sensor, it just compensated by increasing my idle to about 900rpm instead of the normal 650.

idle is 650? woops
        mine is like 8-900
        Present:
        1984 633csi
        1985 635csi
        Past:
        1991 318i / 1987 325e / 1988 325is / 1986 325i / 1985 535i

Comment

my car is an auto. ;)

believe me, 800-900 would be extremely annoying. everything vibrates when you're in gear if it's up that high..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

haha my daily driver e30 is auto too hhha i got it for 900 back in august, and ive fixed tons of things, still got lots left tho but yeah, 87 eta, idle is usualy 900 somtimes it surges to 1100 and goes back down to 900
            Present:
            1984 633csi
            1985 635csi
            Past:

Comment

you probably have a bad/dirty ICV. :)
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

wouldnt surprise me haha here is my car right now. its idling fine as you can see :)

and this is in freakin atlanta. we rarely get weather like this damnit. haha

oh and should i replace or clean the ICV?
                Present:
                1984 633csi
                1985 635csi
                Past:

Comment

clean it out with carb cleaner first. of course it might not be bad, but usually that's what causes a surging idle.
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It always happens when I am moving..not just corners. Check Engine light goes on and ugh its doesn't really move. ALways happens at the most horrible times too.

Comment

if it idles at 900 there is a sensor thats crapped out on you, the computer puts you in fail safe mode and you idle at 900 instead of the regular 500, so get it hooked onto a diagnostics computer and see which sensor is acting up if you still had your bently you could do the self done diagnostics check depending on whether or not you have the 1.1 motronic or not i can't remember if its 1.1 and up or somthing like that anyways good luck yo ya.

Comment

I need to figure out why my car is idling at 2000!! Only when I first start it, then it drops to 1400 or so. Crank positon sensor? I'll have to look into that.

What's the max RPM an M20 should idle when cold? It's been -20*C here lately, and it's humid so it's fucking freezing.

Keep it slideways!!

Comment

about 1000rpm when cold, around 600-800 warm (depends if it's a 5 speed or auto).

500rpm is too low
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                          X