No announcement yet.

SOLID E to I article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not a huge hurry the eta car isn't going anywhere. It's just that I didn't ask how much people paid for their eta or m42 engines. I asked if anyone had an article on the swap. That's why i was short.

Comment

sorry, I have an m20...
      I built up a 2.7L i engine using a super eta complete bottom end and an i complete top end and software. No modifications what so ever

Comment

How many rpms are you able to make bryson? 7k or 5k?

Comment

I myself decided to get the ETK, TIS, ETM (or something like that) and KSD along with the bently to help out with the swap just in case the bently doesnt have all the info i need. :D

I might be incorrect on the names of all of the manuals so correct me if i am wrong with any of them. :?

Comment

Originally posted by Eurospeed88
            Originally posted by James Crivellone
            I have a 89 m20b25 engine and 5spd I wanna stick in my car, I just can't afford it :( heh
            How can you not afford it? You have just about everything you need, save a few parts you wil need to buy during the install.

Well I need to get the tranny bench tested, as it came out of a wrecked car so I am not sure of history on it, the engine seems ok, need to do a compression test.

its a bunch of little things that I need to buy to get it running, although the biggest thing is that I can not afford to not have a car for a long period of time :(

Comment

Originally posted by Bryson
              sorry, I have an m20...
              I built up a 2.7L i engine using a super eta complete bottom end and an i complete top end and software. No modifications what so ever
              Bryson and e9nine, I have a super eta and want to do this ASAP. You both started with super e's right? Anyway, which ECU exactly do I need. And, sadly, my car is an auto for now. Its cheaper to do this top end swap than the tranny so I'd like to do that first if possible. Do you think the auto (171k) will be able to handle it? And would it cause any other complications in terms of shift points? I would think not right? Thanks, Kevin

Also, does anyone have the ETK for download? A guy on e3s put it on his FTP a couple times last year, but I would always check my PM's too late and it was shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by KevinM
                Anyway, which ECU exactly do I need. And, sadly, my car is an auto for now. Its cheaper to do this top end swap than the tranny so I'd like to do that first if possible. Do you think the auto (171k) will be able to handle it? And would it cause any other complications in terms of shift points? I would think not right? Thanks, Kevin
                Kevin, you can still use your auto tranny but it defeats the purpose of the swap imho. Try put together some funds over time so you can do it all in one shot. You need a 173 ECU or any of the later ones. If you're going to do the work yourself and already have an "i" donor motor its cheaper than the tranny swap.

Comment

For those of you who have the Bentley manual does it discuss an e to i swap and the parts that are differnet? More importantly does it distinguish wireing? And most importantly is it actually helpful?

Comment

It does not discuss modifying the engine in terms of e/i at all. It is VERY helpful though as far as removing the head/intake manifold and the rest of the top end though. And of course, installation is the reverse of removal

Comment

Originally posted by e9nine

Kevin, you can still use your auto tranny but it defeats the purpose of the swap imho. Try put together some funds over time so you can do it all in one shot. You need a 173 ECU or any of the later ones. If you're going to do the work yourself and already have an "i" donor motor its cheaper than the tranny swap.
                      I'm pretty sure I can find one at a junkyard. I can just take the head, intake manifold, TB all at once right? I would think that would be easier.

Comment

I have also done the 2.7 upgrade on my super E, i have the stock i top-end and the eta bottom-end with a 153 computer. All has worked fine for me, it is definatly worth doing. Not too difficult to do either.

Originally Posted by Rob
                        fucking hell, your car is cleaner in the damn snow than mine ever has been in perfect weather. sedans own me.

Comment

Originally posted by slammed_e30
                          I have also done the 2.7 upgrade on my super E, i have the stock i top-end and the eta bottom-end with a 153 computer. All has worked fine for me, it is definatly worth doing. Not too difficult to do either.
                          im also going to be doing this pretty soon, so be ready for some questions comming from me!!

hey slammed e30 have you dyno your car? if so how much HP do you have at the wheels.
                          '86 325

Comment

Working...
                          X