Just broke motor mounts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lennon View Post
    It's pretty damn easy to install motor mounts on these cars. Don't be a dummy.
    your post brings nothing to this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaun View Post
      When are you installing yours? tell us your thoughts when you get them installed.. I should have mine done monday if i have the time to do them..
      i dont have time..(work) which sucks because its my DD.. but i should be installing them on Tuesday or Wednesday let me know if you get it installed and how was it installing them and if you could throw some pics but not needed

Comment

Well i am hoping that i will get a chance to install them tomorrow. Well hoping al the parts are in by tomorrow morning and i can get to installing. I will try and take some pics but my g/f cameras battery is dead and she cannot find the charger but i will see what i can do. I just wanna have my car back driveable. I hate that i didnt catch it until it cut my radiator hose. Im hoping i got the right hose to replace it and that i can get everything done before i go into work (at 6:30) so i will probably have 4-5 hours to do it..oh shit just forgot that i gotta either go buy a new floor jack or try and find a friend tomorrow to borrow. Anyways will let you know

Comment

oh dang i totally for got about the hose.. shits i gotta go to junkyard or get one fast. i was too focused on the motor mount

Comment

I didn't take the time to read most of this thread, but all I understand is that your car likes to eat motor mounts for some reason, so I thought it'd be worth mentioning this:

When I took my car to Ryan's shop we discovered that whoever the PO of my car was installed the motor mounts of my car in the wrong hole and that was what caused them to bust. There's a regular hole and then there's a slightley longer hole in which the motor mount can slide back and forth and obviously break after a short while.

So just make sure you're putting it in the regular hole and not the other one, no homo. I know it's pretty obvious advice but I just thought it was worth mentioning.
            -Darius (aka DiscoDoughnuts on other forums)

dude man bro...

Comment

Originally posted by caliGreen View Post
              oh dang i totally for got about the hose.. shits i gotta go to junkyard or get one fast. i was too focused on the motor mount
              Any luck today? Mine are still lose in the mail. So having to hash it out with usps at the moment.

Comment

just installed but.. now have to replace hoses. and since i was down ther i took my powersteering stuff out to see were it was leaking..

didnt know if it matterd but.. i put the nut on the top.

so right after im done ill will post.. i just hoped that my motor didnt overheat and messed something up

Comment

finally got done with everything.. Wow with these mounts i notice so much change. when shifting ; much smoother not motor jerks. when just gassing motor feels much intact w/ chassis and again smoother feel..

only thing is when adjusting clutch and gas or when i turn my steering wheel(sometimes brings up rpm like a little little.. i the steeringwheel / other parts of my car vibrate(not shake) for a lil sec..

but in the end im totally happy with it.. every easy to install
                  just had a cherry picker lift it up and put the new ones in and tighten it and thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by Zaun View Post
                    your post brings nothing to this thread.
                    your thread about breaking your motor mounts and asking for tips on replacing them brings nothing to this forum...

Comment

Originally posted by caliGreen View Post
                      finally got done with everything.. Wow with these mounts i notice so much change. when shifting ; much smoother not motor jerks. when just gassing motor feels much intact w/ chassis and again smoother feel..

only thing is when adjusting clutch and gas or when i turn my steering wheel(sometimes brings up rpm like a little little.. i the steeringwheel / other parts of my car vibrate(not shake) for a lil sec..

but in the end im totally happy with it.. every easy to install
                      just had a cherry picker lift it up and put the new ones in and tighten it and thats it.
                      Sweet i am excited just waiting for mine to become unlost in the mail or them payout so i can order some new ones. Its sad to see my car sitting in the garage unusable.

Comment

Originally posted by lennon View Post
                        your thread about breaking your motor mounts and asking for tips on replacing them brings nothing to this forum...
                        Your still not bringing into this thread...oh wait are you trying to troll. thats so cute... Continue on poor slop

Comment

i dont know why people gotta hate.

Comment

Just weld the engine to the subframe.
                            Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
                              Just weld the engine to the subframe.
                              haha that is too gangstah

Comment

lol well hmmm my bolts on my old ones are freaking stuck on..Tried with impact wrench to break it free and no go yet...Gonna soak it with some kroil and try a fresh battery here in a few.

Comment

Working...
                                X