Random beeping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Random beeping

Wasn't sure where to post this, but I've been noticing pretty much any time I take a corner really hard, it beeps at me. it's a 91 318i, M42 engine.

is this an actual problem with the engine, or some kind of traction control?

any info is appreciated.

Thanks.

Not traction control. Does the check panel light up? (does your car HAVE a check panel?)

Does your OBC/temp display/clock/etc blink?

Is it a beep, or a GONG sound, like when the doors open?
    - Sean Hayes

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
      Not traction control. Does the check panel light up? (does your car HAVE a check panel?)

We don't have check panels.
      The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by hamann318is
        Originally posted by Sean

We don't have check panels.
        Bah, I couldn't remember if some came with them or not, wasn't sure.

Thanks for the clerification.

In that case - what does the beep sound like? ;)
        - Sean Hayes

Comment

Is MEMO on your digital clock turned on?

Comment

you might have an intermitant short on your ambient temp sensor.... when it is diconnected the OBC will read -30 degrees celcius or 0 farenheit
            when the temp gets cold the temp is automatically displayed on the OBC with a ding to notify driver of the cold conditions......

watch out for ICE

(post 1000)

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

This is really random, but if it's the door gong beeping sound, I had the same problem, and I figured out that if my seat is in the fully down position (Pushing down on the front seat adjuster handle) the car beeps at me while turning or braking hard. Don't know if it's pinching a wire or what. Never figured out why, just re-adjusted my seat up a little, and it doesn't do it anymore. (btw I have a 318is w/ sport seats, so might not apply to you)

Comment

Have u tried wiggling your door switch? That would cause the chime to go off in turns. I think* the seatbelt does that too. Best way to test the door switch would be to have your interior light set to the door position, when it's at night see if the noise coincides with your light coming on.

Comment

while fixing the problem is all good and well... why not just disconnect it? i find the beeps are pointless.

Comment

Working...
                  X