Wipers dont work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wipers dont work

Whats up with that. I go to test them out when its raining and nothing. Is there anything other than the motor that could be causing this?

Thanks guys

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

switch, Relay, fuse????
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Buy a Bentley manuel yet? Best bucks I have spent to date. Amazon is best.

Check the cheap and easy stuff first. 1+ on Mrsleeve
      ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        switch, Relay, fuse????
        switch is a no, but thats the answer I was looking for, the relay. Which relay is the wiper relay? Is it in that cluster of 3 off to the side of the fuze box?

Originally posted by E30 F34R View Post
        Buy a Bentley manuel yet? Best bucks I have spent to date. Amazon is best.

Check the cheap and easy stuff first. 1+ on Mrsleeve
        Nope, still rockin my haynes strong as ever:D

Same question as aboe, wheres the wiper relay

'73 2002 m20 turbo [sold] '87 rat rod 325is [couch modded] '91 vert [daily] '88 325is [spec build v1] '84 325 [spec build v2] '99 323i vert [sold]

Comment

In the fuse box, big long one closer to the engine. You need to buy a bentley my friend!

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

In the fuse box, big long one closer to the engine. You need to buy a bentley my friend!
            So it's part of the main relay? And I know, but between the haynes and you guys, why add a 3rd wheel?

Comment

Originally posted by AbsorbantNut View Post

Nope, still rockin my haynes strong as ever:D

I threw mine out! haynes fucking sucks. Buy the Bentley and you won't have to ask questions like these. It is covered in detail and has pictures too :D

Current cars:
              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
              ~ '87 535
              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

I threw mine out! haynes fucking sucks. Buy the Bentley and you won't have to ask questions like these. It is covered in detail and has pictures too :D
                Ill consider it, after Im done with the suspension though.

Comment

So it's part of the main relay? And I know, but between the haynes and you guys, why add a 3rd wheel?
                  No, the "main" relays as you call them are as followed: Main, fuel pump, o2 sensor

Haynes sucks, and I am sure not all of us wants to look it up in our Bentley for you ;)

The wiper relay is in the FUSE box, not with the three relays. It will be double the size of a normal relay and black if I recall.

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Here is what is looks like:

It is #1

Current cars:
                    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                    ~ '87 535
                    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Ill consider it, after Im done with the suspension though.
                      Buy it, I could not put it down the first two weeks I had it. 32 bucks is not much for the nutty amount of info in it.

Current cars:
                      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                      ~ '87 535
                      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

No, the "main" relays as you call them are as followed: Main, fuel pump, o2 sensor

Haynes sucks, and I am sure not all of us wants to look it up in our Bentley for you ;)

The wiper relay is in the FUSE box, not with the three relays. It will be double the size of a normal relay and black if I recall.
                        OK, ok I get it, I need a bently.

Here is what is looks like:

It is #1

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...38&hg=61&fg=25
                        Gotcha, thanks for the follow up

Buy it, I could not put it down the first two weeks I had it. 32 bucks is not much for the nutty amount of info in it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...condition=used
                        Ill get it when I get my paycheck, which is next week. Or maybe Silence/forced Firebird has a spare copy for less:o

Comment

Mine does the same, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. What's causing this, a short?
                          Originally posted by audiquattrot
                          bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
                          1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
                          2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
                          1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
                          2006 CBR600RR

Comment

Originally posted by 619E30 View Post
                            Mine does the same, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. What's causing this, a short?
                            No, they dont work at all, sorry if I was confusing, but they dont work period.

Im gonna try and swap relays with the vert tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by 619E30 View Post
                              Could be the wiper switch on the steering column or the relay. Just start from over looking wires and then relays and switches.

Current cars:
                              ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                              ~ '87 535
                              ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                              ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Working...
                              X