Windshield wiper 'seal'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windshield wiper 'seal'

My right side windshield wiper is letting water in. I took the wiper arm off and realized the flat rubber/plastic washer was cracked and ruined..

Is this not a commonly replaced part?

Looking at the realoem diagram I think it is part 61618444182. Pelican has it as special order. What do people replace it with? Can I just use silicon? Or just a random rubber washer from my local hardware store?
    Winner winner chicken dinner?

My Seller Feedback Thread

Are you getting water in your passenger side floor?
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I don't that that would be where your leak is. The wiper mechanism is outside of the cabin under the front cowl. A blocked sunroof drain would be a more likely suspect.
      The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
      Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

look for an "elephant trunk" on the firewall, above your exhaust manifold.

pull it out, clean it.
        AWD > RWD

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I already checked the elephant hose, it is clear. I am still getting a really small amount of water.. This is driver side, behind the HVAC unit. Let me get a picture of it...

Comment

Is it warm water? Does it smell like colant?

Comment

It is water. here is where it drips. A very small drip, only under heavy rainfall. The foam gasket which this part seals to also gets wet. Heater hoses are DRY, no water running from them. Water is coming from this part.

Also, this isn't from running the A/C. The car does not run.
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jlevie View Post
                I don't that that would be where your leak is. The wiper mechanism is outside of the cabin under the front cowl. A blocked sunroof drain would be a more likely suspect.

I see, I was definitely wrong.. I don't think it is the sunroof..

Comment

Working...
                X