Drain Plug Won't come out help pls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drain Plug Won't come out help pls

Good Evening everyone, So today while trying to change oil I find that my Drain Plug in my M20 Does not want to come out. It cannot tighten or loosen up. I can turn it all day without accomplishing anything. I'm Starting to think my Oil Pan is stripped. Any Suggestions?

Thanks, Ray

yep, sounds like the pan is stripped. Try to get a screwdriver under the head of the plug and then turn the plug with a wrench, this will sometimes get to clear threads and help getting it out. for a replacement, get an oversized plug, most parts stores carry them behind the counter for these "oh shit" moments
    I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

Comment

more fire is needed.

jk, can you turn it by hand? try to pull and turn until it catches. then use a wrench.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by scottinAZ View Post
        yep, sounds like the pan is stripped. Try to get a screwdriver under the head of the plug and then turn the plug with a wrench, this will sometimes get to clear threads and help getting it out. for a replacement, get an oversized plug, most parts stores carry them behind the counter for these "oh shit" moments
        I tried that no luck. I went to my mechanic and he's quoted me 600$ for a new oil pan and labor to install it. I think I'm screwed

Comment

I think you went to the wrong mechanic.
          Try the first technique harder.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

vice grip it and pull down while turning.
            Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Vice grips pulling and turning should get the plug out. Then a Timesert to repair the threads in the pan (the pan need not be removed to install the Timesert).
              The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
              Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

I'm screwed, I guess I'm going for a new oil pan

Comment

Did you not read the two post above you?

Comment

Originally posted by Yakinho View Post
                    Did you not read the two post above you?
                    Man that thing is stuck like its part of the car. lol. I've tried those techniques already.

Comment

Originally posted by rj1790 View Post
                      Man that thing is stuck like its part of the car. lol. I've tried those techniques already.
                      Have your wife try.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by rj1790 View Post
                        Take a torch to it, or actually get your hands dirty and pull the thing out.

Comment

I would not think replacing the lower pan on that car would be difficult. I don't know how the M20 pan looks but the M10 one is quite easy to get to.
                          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

M20 pan is easy to take off if you have patience

Comment

DRILL A NEW HOLE. no really.
                              Originally posted by LJ851
                              I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Working...
                              X