Distributorless ignition system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Distributorless ignition system?

I am looking to convert my m20 to a DIS such as MSD. Does anybody know of a good brand and can you also explain how to set this up on an m20, thanx

search is your friend + 1st

Comment

I have searched and I haven't come up with anything substantial.

Comment

[IMG]http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/

Comment

you're kinda on your own with this one. Also, what are you doing it for? going DIS just for the sake of it is a little pointless, especially on a stock or nearly stock motor.

here's mine, not quite finished yet
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm in the middle of a 3.1 turbo m20 project. I'm almost done and I'm just looking for a fewer things to finish it up. What is the benefit of EDIS. Smoother acceleration and fuel burning?

Comment

Appreciate it, thanx!

Comment

EDIS isn't something you just swap on, you need engine management to control it. If you're doing that, you don't need an EDIS module - you just need some coils, the standalone ECU will read the stock crank wheel and fire the coils directly.

an MSD DIS box is something that you can run with the stock coil/ECU though, but it won't do wasted spark or coil on plug (to my knowledge). Or at least, not at a price point that makes any sense.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  EDIS isn't something you just swap on, you need engine management to control it. If you're doing that, you don't need an EDIS module - you just need some coils, the standalone ECU will read the stock crank wheel and fire the coils directly.

an MSD DIS box is something that you can run with the stock coil/ECU though, but it won't do wasted spark or coil on plug (to my knowledge). Or at least, not at a price point that makes any sense.
                  Good enough thanx 4 da info

Comment

Working...
                  X