Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I have a lot of inside tire wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I have a lot of inside tire wear?

Running H&R Sport/Bilstein Sports with 15" Ronals and 205 Supra 712s....also have E30 M3 offset CABs.

Should I have a LOT of inside tire wear on all 4 tires?

Reason I ask, because I do. Starting to wonder if the alignment place aligned it to lowered specs.

Any help is seriously appreciated.
    Trevor Ely
    '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
    '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

yup, you will. it happens.

Comment

alignment shops cant do shit for you..... other that adjust your front toe... camber and caster can not be changed (other that how the geometry changes when the car is lowered) unless you get the adjustable strut bearings and trailing arm bushings

http://www.westwerksauto.com

Comment

more toe out on the front will make it wear more on the outside.
        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Alright, thanks for the advice...glad it's not out of the ordinary.
          Trevor Ely
          '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
          '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

yup, i wear out the insides w/ my 1" lowered m. i aligned it recently and my front toe was at -.63 or thereabouts, spec is -.15. on a daily driver you want some toe-in, track car toe-out.

rear is completely unadjustable in stock form.

this weekend i'm going to unmount my tires and flip them so the outsides are now the insides.
            James
            '88 M3

Comment

A couple of tips:

1) Drive the car harder :-)

2) You can probably unmount and remount the tires on opposite sides of the car to get some more life out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by NickP
                A couple of tips:

Took the words out of my mouth. Take the car through some twisties daily should solve inner tire wear and put a smile on your face :D

unless you pull a r3v :P
                San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

A couple of tips:

Yeah, you're not getting your money's worth if only the inside wears out.

2) You can probably unmount and remount the tires on opposite sides of the car to get some more life out of them.
                  I like this idea especially if you have lifetime balance on the tires from the dealer. They may do the whole thing for free.

I had the same issue on the first set of Eagle F1 tires. Car is lowered, with fixed negative camber plates, and has 215/45 17s all the way around. The insides were worn fairly heavily and the outsides somewhat less while the middles seemed to have a lot ot tread wear left. My plan on the new set of tires (bought and mounted but not on car yet) was to pump up the pressure 4-5 pounds (I'd been running 32 psi on all the tires) to get more tire on the ground. Is that enough? Too much? I hope that helps because the first set seemed to wear out pretty fast.

Steve
                  Tomahawk -

When you care enough to send the very best.

Comment

Working...
                  X