Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow window movement AFTER being pulled apart...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow window movement AFTER being pulled apart...

I tried searching, but I didnt find the answer I was looking for...

when I started some of my projects on my 85' the windows (power) seemed to work fine.

I had the interior out for a few weeks while soing some rust repair, and other things and when I put the car back together one of the windows will roll down only a couple of inches VERY slow, and will not return on it's own power.

the other does not work at all.

is it corrosion on switches do you think, or is there a chance I buggard something else up?

it has been wet up here as well.

thanks
    Originally Posted by ACMF74
    i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

anyone have a thought?

Comment

I wouldn't think that the switches would be it if they worked fine before you took stuff apart. May as well open the switches up and clean them out anyways though, it's pretty easy.
      '86 325es M50

Comment

Pull the boot back on the door jambs. Put your DVM on the Black and Purple wires then press the switch (key on, duh) and check what kind of voltage you are getting there.

Post that info up and R3V will help you from there.

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

You can also measure at the motor if you already have the door panels off.

Closing SOON!
          "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

guys, ty for the replies, the car is a couple of hours away and I am trying to get it down here with me soon. I will post as soon as I get some readings.

thanks

Patrick

Comment

Working...
            X