unknown connector???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unknown connector???

I finally replaced the missing fogs on my 87 Eta, and found something interesting. I have a duplicate connector under the left headlight that is the same as the fog connector (c 126). Does anyone know what this connector is for, and what it is supposed to connect to? I dont have any other loose connectors floating around, and it is NOT for the OBC temp sensor.
    I saved 15% on my Bimmer parts by switching to ...

ok, I have the same connector on mine and wondered if this was for the fog lights. you now have confirmed this. the one I located was behind the drivers side headlights. So then my question to you is where is the connector located which you used for the fogs? lol

perhaps the additional connector is for another aux option?
    sigpic

Comment

it was in the same area, has yellow/brown and brown wires going to it. the one in queston here has black/red and brown going to it. still no clue what the hell its for??

Comment

Originally posted by scottinAZ View Post
        it was in the same area, has yellow/brown and brown wires going to it. the one in queston here has black/red and brown going to it. still no clue what the hell its for??

See if someone can get a headlight wiring schematic on here. that should show any auxiliary plugs.
        sigpic

Comment

i'll check my ETM in the morning, but I dont think it shows this connector. To be Continued...

Comment

didnt see anything on the ETM that would match the connector.

Comment

didnt see anything on the ETM that would match the connector.
              I looked in the bentley and didn't see any aux wiring plugs or indication of anything else. what about aux Fan..if your car didn't come with a/c that might explain the extra plug? it's source is from the drivers side. oh here is another thing. I think those big rally lights were available at some point back when. Maybe additional to fogs this was an option to add in?
              sigpic

Comment

have factory ac and aux fan connected, so this isnt that connector. as for Rally lights, I suppose this is a possibility, but where do they get power from. this connector was DEAD with the switch on, and does not appear to be grounded either. the mystery deepens

Comment

have factory ac and aux fan connected, so this isnt that connector. as for Rally lights, I suppose this is a possibility, but where do they get power from. this connector was DEAD with the switch on, and does not appear to be grounded either. the mystery deepens
                  maybe it isn't live due to the fuse or relay not existing in the fuse box?
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X