Glovebox latch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glovebox latch

I let one of my drunk girl friends grab something out of the glovebox in my car last week, and I'm assuming she yanked too hard in her idiotic drunken stupor and broke my glovebox.

The glovebox is closed, but the latch seems to be broken. I can pull on it, but it's not releasing and I can't open the glovebox.
    I tried prying it open from the side, but that won't work.

Anyone have this problem before? I mean either way, I'm probably going to need to get a new glovebox, but I need to get in there because I have all my important shit in there.

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
    And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

I've never had a problem with drunk girlfriends if that is what you're asking. :(
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
      I've never had a problem with drunk girlfriends if that is what you're asking. :(
      your sig is cracking me up
      Im gonna see if I can pchop it and put an e30 in it
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
      1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
      1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

If you remove the screws holding the hinge on at the bottom, you should be able to reach up and jimmy the latch open from the inside.

Comment

wedge a screwdriver under the handle a little to the right and pull down. should pop right open

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
          i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
          Originally posted by slammin.e28
          Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

Seems like it's a pretty common problem. Mine was broken when I bought the car.. unfortunately no treasure inside. I bought a replacement latch on ebay and it lasted three uses before breaking in EXACTLY the same fashion. It's possible to use the broken stubs behind the handle to release it but I've never tried removing the hinge from the back.. I have a plan for modifying the next one. if it works I'll do a write-up.
            Slowly, slowly piecing together a real car.. :oops:

Comment

Working...
            X